Re: June Box Challenge ( discussion thread )

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Melinda_dd":xwpm3l2y said:
Mr Blister sir... So if it's already been asked... On my phone and it's not the best for internet surfing/reading all threads.

is different woods allowed... Eg top bottom finial... ?not segmented with lots

Hi ,

Up to 3 different wood types will be allowed , but not multiple segmented work

tekno.mage":3rqjq1ck said:
Is it too late for a new entrant? I'd quite like to enter this challenge.

Hi Kym

I have no objection to you joining in , but Had better ask the entrants who started from January . Just to be politically correct

Don't want to upset anyone :mrgreen:

I will put up a poll and ask

will let you know in 24 hours

Allen

T. Walton":362yrcle said:
Can anyone enter?

Hi T Walton

I have no objection to you joining in , but Had better ask the entrants who started from January . Just to be politically correct

Don't want to upset anyone :mrgreen:

I will put up a poll and ask

will let you know in 24 hours

Allen

Dagnammit!, Very Impressive, I will have to get a Lathe and start practicing.
In the mean time do you know if there any similar monthly wood related challenges for me to get my teeth into that are not exclusive to Turners?[/quote]

Hello

Sorry cant help with woodworking challenges ,I am unaware of any

Hope you get a lathe sorted soon :wink:

I am but one of the many, but for what it's worth, I would welcome new entrants.

I love seeing our monthly photo fest and more the merrier. What I get from the challenge is the personal challenge which makes me try different things and then seeing the breadth of interpretations great for ideas and pure enjoyment of seeing lots of new work.

Wood spoiler":23kvztxz said:
I am but one of the many, but for what it's worth, I would welcome new entrants.

I love seeing our monthly photo fest and more the merrier. What I get from the challenge is the personal challenge which makes me try different things and then seeing the breadth of interpretations great for ideas and pure enjoyment of seeing lots of new work.

Ditto; the more the merrier.

Wood spoiler":343jzdjr said:
I note there is no dimension restriction.

I take it that means Gordon is allowed to introduce his lidded bowl, er I mean ashes urn, ummm biscuit barrel, ah box, yes that's it BOX.

Probably sold it now - can he enter a box bottom (bowl).

I thought I would ask on his behalf as he reckons I'm full of. .........

Pedantry! At least that's what I thought he said, but I've never liked children!

Thank you for that Colin,

It may be gorn tomorrow, it goes up for sale at a ........flower festival!! I'm sure there is a connection somewhere. Anyway, all the rich gits will be there so its going up for loadsa money and we will see. I suspect that I won't be allowed to enter it now its been seen anyway.

But I have a cunning plan....a special box for Jonzjob :D - he'll LURVE it

Wood spoiler":21q4k9b5 said:
gus3049":21q4k9b5 said:
But I have a cunning plan....a special box for Jonzjob :D - he'll LURVE it

In full on Telly tubby mode - O ohhhhh!

What is the world record for a finial?

I'm going for the French one first. :D

When you started on sharpened wood and hearts I thought you were going for a vampire moment!

Now there's a thought .... No a finial, a finial , a finial

That's better

tekno.mage":55s50nhy said:
Is it too late for a new entrant? I'd quite like to enter this challenge.

OK Kym

You are in the challenge

Please read the requirements , any problems please PM me :wink:

Jonzjob":1pmy3jak said:
It'll probably be soooo big that it starts from the bottom of his heart! Or is that the heart of his ummmm, don't go there John :oops: :oops:
Are you talking about my finial? I don't remember sharing any quality time with you :oops:

Blister":3jny98m6 said:
T. Walton":3jny98m6 said:
Can anyone enter?
OK T Walton

You are in the challenge

Please read the requirements , any problems please PM me :wink:

Thank you. I have a nice piece of wood that I’ve been looking at for some time thinking that would make a nice box, now’s the time to get in the shed and make it.

Hi guys

Can I join in?

Just started turning (3 bowls so far) and taking part in the challenges will be a good exercise and force me to have a go at stuff I may not have considered.

Thanks

Andy

tpot":2v0mz720 said:
Hi guys

Can I join in?

Just started turning (3 bowls so far) and taking part in the challenges will be a good exercise and force me to have a go at stuff I may not have considered.

Thanks

Andy

OK Andy

I have added you to the entry list :wink:

Please see the rules and requirements page , any problems just SHOUT :wink:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back