Re: June Box Challenge ( discussion thread )

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Blister":1wwcxx2e said:
Maybe its a winner then :wink:

Whos the judge and how much was the latest bribe bid :lol:

It would be nice but im not crossing my fingers, I will however take one or maybe a few to the craft fair on Friday.

Mr Blister sir, my box is ready..... was planning on doing a couple, but due to a back condition flare up, only done the 1 :(
Lucky I've managed that really!!!

Melinda_dd":2zotgqeb said:
Mr Blister sir, my box is ready..... was planning on doing a couple, but due to a back condition flare up, only done the 1 :(

OK Thanks

Hope the back improves soon

Melinda_dd":c6nag1ll said:

Commiserations

Do all turners have bad backs?

Do they get bad backs from turning or turn because they have bad backs I wonder?

Gordon said "Do they get bad backs from turning or turn because they have bad backs I wonder?"

The answer is yes :mrgreen:

You have my symphathy Melinda. I have one of those too. In fact that was the lead in for me starting to turn. Not a good reason, but not a bad result me-thinks :mrgreen:

Good luck

Jonzjob":yn4nh199 said:
Gordon said "Do they get bad backs from turning or turn because they have bad backs I wonder?"

The answer is yes :mrgreen:

You have my symphathy Melinda. I have one of those too. In fact that was the lead in for me starting to turn. Not a good reason, but not a bad result me-thinks :mrgreen:

Good luck

indeed

always thought there was a very natural time line between rugby prop/beer drinker ----> woodturner/wine drinker via osteopath/chiropractor/surgery etc.

Hi all, thanks for the best wishes.

I was born with a hole in my spine, which thankfully only troubles me every now and again, but when it does.... it does!
It could have been a whole lot worse.

So for me... I turn because I have a bad back... it keeps my money away from go-carts and mini moto's which no doubt would do much more damage!

it keeps my money away from go-carts and mini moto's which no doubt would do much more damage!

A very good point indeed. A while ago, I won a day at Jonathan Palmer's racing car centre and had a great day driving all sorts of fast cars (not that fast obviously, they wouldn't let us loose on REALLY quick stuff). I was so impressed with myself that I decided to enter a go-kart race and assumed that, even in my fifties, I was the next Ayrton Senna. 8)

Sadly, my ambition was slightly more developed than my driving skills. There was one corner that I was told could not be taken flat out. I edged closer and closer each lap. "Hah" I said, "I reckon I could" :shock:

Hospital - three broken ribs / extensive bruising - nurses laughing at a silly old git - didn't do it again :oops:

Jonzjob":2vmto3jl said:
Wots this about finials?

I rest my case about the sanity of Gordon :twisted: :twisted:

Finial, who mentioned finials??

Well Ok, I suppose the subject might have come up occasionally. You never know...................... :D

OMG. I forget !!! (hammer)

I must try to find some wood tomorrow...... #-o

Leo

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back