R15 Router Lift and Motor

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

steve66

Established Member
Reaction score
Anybody use this system from Rutlands, was going router plate and router but been thinking about this system from a a it’s on offer at the moment
Thanks in advance

Yeah that’s the one, I did go for it as it’s on special offer at £375, I was going to have to replace my router in my table and I had been looking for a while.
Do you have a router lift?

Yes but it's at the opposite end of the market. This one Mine's a Rutlands, but it comes in all the usual liveries. I've only used it a few times and it needs a bit of fettling but it'll do for me.
Brian

I’ve been running a hitachi router in a home made table, probably 15 years but it’s starting to play up, funnily enough when I took ít out to clean. Needed an upgrade for new table in chop saw/router table set up.

Attachments

• IMG_9047.jpeg
    IMG_9047.jpeg
    1.9 MB · Views: 0
  • IMG_8951.jpeg
    IMG_8951.jpeg
    1.7 MB · Views: 0
Hiya, I also had the Rutlands one, also bought when last on offer. It was a solid piece of kit, well engineered. The only thing I regret was not looking for a setup where you could ‘lock’ the unit when you had the bit height set ala Incra/Jessem, other than that worked well.
CG

I'm still considering options for making a router table insert.
Seems steel might be the way to go, seeing as the lower ring for resting the insert seems to be common.
What I can't make out is what keeps the reducer rings in place, magnets, or some kind of expanding
system like a die for threading?

Thanks
Tom

How long you had the lift, happy with it?
I was going to set in some t-track to top when I make new fence.

How long you had the lift, happy with it?
I was going to set in some t-track to top when I make new fence.

Bought about 6 months ago (when it was on offer) and have no complaints. I have had no issue with lack of locking mechanism - you can adjust the stiffness of the height adjustment which helps.
I have some T-track to clamp the fence to which I will fit when I have time but TBH a quick clamp at each end works just as well. Extraction through the fence is fine but I do need to sort something under table as it gets a bit messy when cutting grooves etc.
I leave the unit switched on and operate via a remote NVR switch attached underneath and at the edge of the table.

Last edited:
The Kreg, Jessem and Incra use a course thread / ramp where you drop it in place and turn slightly.

And the Rutlands is just a push fit with a small retaining lip (easiest way to remove them is by jacking them out with the router motor.)

Yes but it's at the opposite end of the market. This one Mine's a Rutlands, but it comes in all the usual liveries. I've only used it a few times and it needs a bit of fettling but it'll do for me.
Brian
I have a Jet2 table with cast top,but,the insert plate the router would be attached too is connected underneath the table! There os a hole in the table for a thing called a router raiser,but,is there an alternative to the raiser I could use! The Htachi M12 v ,and tremd routers witll fit the plate!!

Hiya, I also had the Rutlands one, also bought when last on offer. It was a solid piece of kit, well engineered. The only thing I regret was not looking for a setup where you could ‘lock’ the unit when you had the bit height set ala Incra/Jessem, other than that worked well.
CG
I have the same product but as badged by Lumberjack - it cost me £158 when I bought it a few years back and is now £230 - £50 less than Rutlands.

There IS a height lock facility which I seldom use - - it's just a little fiddly as you have to tighten a star-nut by blindly feeling underneath the table. I only found out about it because it had auto locked through simple use/vibration.

Back