Question Re Dakota Precision Scroll Chuck Kit

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dadiy

Established Member
Reaction score
Hi, does anyone have a Dakota Precision Scroll Chuck Kit - theyre on offer from Rutlands at the moment and seem a good deal.

The question I have is are they self centering - and Im assuming that means that there is just one place to tighten all 4 jaws at the same time?

http://www.rutlands.co.uk/machinery-&-a ... -chuck-kit

I bought one but didn't get chance to use it as i bought a different lathe after. :roll: It looked ok and seemed to operate well.It is sself centering.
Believe they are good but you are limited to extra jaws etc for them,not sure about this though. :?

Hi

I got one a while ago, holds well with the standard jaws and am happy
with it. The only down side is that it is designed for the longer register
that you get on the record lathes, my clarke has a short register so I
had my mates dad cut me a bush to extend the register.

As for jaws, any of the nova jaws will fit, which I belive include the
supernova as well.

Mark...........

Hi,
The Dakota chuck is a pretty good chuck for the price, I have one & although I haven't used it the engineering is pretty good, It is self centering, plus it has a 24 hole indexed back plate which is a bonus.
I'm selling mine, as shortly after buying it, I bought a Super Nova chuck with some other stuff. I have given someone else first offer but if he doesn't want it, I'll be putting it on eBay.

Thanks for the advice, Ive ordered one so I'll post and let you all know how I get on with it. Its got to be better than hot glue :)

Hi Dadiy,
I see you have ordered one now, as I was holding on to mine for someone in case they wanted it, but it's now going on eBay as I have a SuperNova chuck, plus I really do prefer the Multistar Duplex to anything to be honest.

Latest posts

Back