Purchasing machinery

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bigal474

Reaction score
Hi

I am looking to purchase equipment for my new but very small home workshop. As money is tight, I would like to find a retailer who has machines on display so I can look and assess build quality, value of money, size etc.

Does anyone know of such a place in Scotland? I visited toolstop's "showroom" yestarday in Uddingston and was very disappointed despite their photo on their website. I've seen bigger public toilets! One machine bench saw on display and one in a box which they allowed to look at through the bubblewrap and one chop saw.

Any ideas, lads and lassies?

Saw Center Glasgow have a demo day tue wed thus this week I think would company's going to be there so the it says in the email

Axminster stores normally carry most of the range of the machines stocked, but the nearest on to you is in cheshire. So a fair old walk there.

Is the Scottish Woodworking Show at Ingliston taking place this year? If it is, it's quite a good opportunity to see a wider range of machinery than is usually carried by one retailer (apart from Axy). If you wanted a trip far north, Grampian Power Tools in the Granite City has some stuff on display, but it's pretty cramped. Don't know if Jean Burhouse2 in Dunkeld has risen Phoenix-like from its last demise, but they were another possible.

When I was in a similar position, I read tool reviews on here and mainly went down the route of buying online from Axminster. Mainly bench top kit and hobbyist but I found the kit was fine for my needs.

I spent more on hand tools to get better quality in the hope that any inadequacies in the machines could be compensated for. All said and done, it worked for me.

Unfortunately, it's all destined for ebay now.

Hope you find what you need.

Hi,
Is there not a show on at Lanark cattle market this Friday and Saturday run by Webster Power Products but dont know the what will be on display.

Back