power feed on a router table

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

feswood

Established Member
Reaction score
Evening all just wonder weather any one has done this, are there any suggestions on a power feed and can any one whey up pros and cons one other point i don't want to buy a spindle moulder i just haven't the room

JonnyD has one on his RT.
I know he uses it to back feed certain mouldings, such as cock beading.
They're not cheap though.
Maybe drop him a PM.

Sorry I can't be of more help.
Adam.

Aces and Eights":nrauvne8 said:
JonnyD has one on his RT.
I know he uses it to back feed certain mouldings, such as cock beading.
They're not cheap though.
Maybe drop him a PM.

Sorry I can't be of more help.
Adam.

He does and I've had the demonstration.

As my power feed is mounted on my spindle moulder, to use it on my router table i set it on the end and swing the feeder over. Very handy when doing long lengths.
DSCN1376.jpg

JH

I have a Co-Matic baby on my router table and would highly recommend it.

Attachments

• IMG_0047.jpg
    IMG_0047.jpg
    41.5 KB · Views: 112
thanks for all the replies do most power feeds have reverse as well as forward i think i might go for itechaf32 what do people think and what is best way to mount them

Seems a bit of an overkill on an RT but i guess it depends on the RT! Mines mounted on M10 bolts in thread inserts inserted from the underside of the table.

The other thing is that on a baby speed the feed rate is adjustable by turning a knob, I think for the differing feed rates on a router table this is helpful.

Nothing wrong in putting a powerfeed on a router table ,providing commomn sense is used .Powerfeeds work fantastic on an overhand planer too . Plus they are an even bigger boom when doing curved work on a spindle moulder .

I think the baby feeds are about £250, I wouldn't want to build one for that kind of money!

Back