Router Table lifts

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Eamonn

Established Member
Reaction score
Hi,

I am wondering what's the best router table lift out there? I have been looking at this one... UJK Router Elevator

Are there any types without the chains as I have read that they get clogged? Does anyone have experience of router lifts with this why of operating... ie... the chain.

Is there any ways to avoid getting the chains, etc... clogged up? Or is it just a case of blowing it out.

JessEm lifts are the best, made in Canada, they invented the router lift more than 25 years ago. The UJK is a Far East copy of a twenty year old JessEm lift before they improved and went away from the chain driven design.

This video shows you some of their lifts but they also make the Prestige for plunge routers, which I think you will find is cheaper then the UJK lift and even better value at present as its on offer.

https://woodworkersworkshop.co.uk/jessem-rout-r-lift-prestige-metric/

An other option is the Incra Mast-R-II also made by JessEm, which works with our AUKTools router.

https://woodworkersworkshop.co.uk/i...xed-base-router-remote-speed-control-and-nvr/
If you need any assistance call Jim who can help out with any questions 01684 595683.

Cheers

Peter

Have you considered getting a spindle moulder. Far more versatile and with modern tooling and a power feed probably safer than a router table IMO. A secondhand spindle is probably a cheaper option!

Oh no, not the spindle moulder again ! I think @deema needs to do an article on the spindle moulder, machines, cutters and blocks so as we are all more informed and can better assess or compare the router table to the spindle.

As for the best lift I would agree with Peter, the Jessem lifts are incredibly well engineered and offer a well engineered solution. Incra and Woodpecker are also good, Incra being made by Jessem, Peter will confirm. These lifts being from across the pond are all imperial, feet and inches to the younger members whilst the UJK is metric but in my opinion is overly complicated with that chain arrangement compared to say the Jessem where it uses a single threaded rod and two support Columns with linear bearings.

I have had the Jessem lift and AUK motor from Peter for the last 4 years and gets used a lot
Very good piece of kit and thoroughly recommend except there is no spindle lock so its 2 spanners or a muscle chuck (another £80+)
A router table is only as accurate as the most inaccurate part. This lift is accurate to about 0.02mm but you will need to make or buy a fence that is equally accurate ( I made mine with fine screw adjusters)
Ian

Hello, I have ordered a Triton TRA 001, lift, levelling plate,fence and associated track from Sauter in Germany.

At just over €600 (+vat) delivery to Ireland it seems good to me.

I would have loved a Incra but one can go to the well only so many times…

This is good enough for me.

I will enclose invoice for inspection.

This is only my opinion as I don’t have the skills to worry about high levels of micro accuracy.

Attachments

• IMG_4849.png
    IMG_4849.png
    325.1 KB · Views: 0
Last edited:
Oh no, not the spindle moulder again ! I think @deema needs to do an article on the spindle moulder, machines, cutters and blocks so as we are all more informed and can better assess or compare the router table to the spindle.

As for the best lift I would agree with Peter, the Jessem lifts are incredibly well engineered and offer a well engineered solution. Incra and Woodpecker are also good, Incra being made by Jessem, Peter will confirm. These lifts being from across the pond are all imperial, feet and inches to the younger members whilst the UJK is metric but in my opinion is overly complicated with that chain arrangement compared to say the Jessem where it uses a single threaded rod and two support Columns with linear bearings.
Just to clarify, I think you mean the size of the top plate is Imperial (9 1/4 x 11 3/4") or 235mm x 298mm if we are talking metric. All the JessEm and Incra we stock are metric, this means lifting threads are metric as are the micro dials on the top plate. The only exception to this is the JessEm Rout-R-II which is the entry model used in conjunction with our smaller router.

https://woodworkersworkshop.co.uk/j...perial-with-auktools-1500w-fixed-base-router/
Cheers

Peter

Hi,

I am wondering what's the best router table lift out there? I have been looking at this one... UJK Router Elevator

Are there any types without the chains as I have read that they get clogged? Does anyone have experience of router lifts with this why of operating... ie... the chain.

Is there any ways to avoid getting the chains, etc... clogged up? Or is it just a case of blowing it out.
Hi Eamonn
I have a UJK router lift for sometime and I can thoroughly recommend it. It works well and still working as good today.
The chain mechanism gives no trouble but you must have a good dust extractor, it has never clogged.
Doug

Hi Eamonn
I have a UJK router lift for sometime and I can thoroughly recommend it. It works well and still working as good today.
The chain mechanism gives no trouble but you must have a good dust extractor, it has never clogged.
Doug
Thanks all for your replies. I'll still research this... as now I feel I need to quantify what "good extraction" is?

The router and lift in it's own little under top cabinet, with door and extraction on the bottom a funneled cabinet?

Even the Jessem comes only in "imperial, feet and inches"?

Last edited:
Hello, I have ordered a Triton TRA 001, lift, levelling plate,fence and associated track from Sauter in Germany.

This is only my opinion as I don’t have the skills to worry about high levels of micro accuracy.
I have this, bought mine used. It is absolutely brilliant, perfeclty accurate and with the micro-adjust (which is the above table winding thing) you can really dial in precisely.

I got a Couple of 3d printed accessories to improve the dust extraction and also to fit the peculiar dimensioned threaded dust port.

Dust extraction improvement thing - triton TRA001 router dust collection improvement insert by FTwoodworks
Dust port adapter - Triton router vacuum adapter for undertable/sauter insert plate by marlovitsh

If you can find someone local to print you those then ideal, I use someone online, cost me about £15 including postage for both.

I would reccomend it.

Even the Jessem comes only in "imperial, feet and inches"?

Just to clarify, I think you mean the size of the top plate is Imperial (9 1/4 x 11 3/4") or 235mm x 298mm if we are talking metric. All the JessEm and Incra we stock are metric, this means lifting threads are metric as are the micro dials on the top plate.

A few photos of finished product.

Attachments

• IMG_5027.jpeg
    IMG_5027.jpeg
    3.4 MB · Views: 0
  • IMG_5026.jpeg
    IMG_5026.jpeg
    3.5 MB · Views: 0
  • IMG_5025.jpeg
    IMG_5025.jpeg
    3.5 MB · Views: 0
Back