Router lift

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

murphy

Established Member
UKW Supporter
Reaction score
I am thinking of getting a new router lift for my Axminster castiron router tabletop, Axminster do UJK lifts at £430, UJK Router Elevator I am wondering how they compare to the likes of Peter Seftons Incra lifts or Jessem AUK tools, Has anyone on here tried the Axminster one, I know Incra and Jessem are top quality, just wondering how the Axminster compared

The UJK lifts are well made but you need to fit a router and may need a collet extension so you need to factor that into the cost. I also didnt like the chain drive and 4 corner screw. Jessem and Incra are first rate and service from Peter Sefton is excellent

Thank you both for the replies, Yojevol I have watched that recent thread and it answers all the questions I had, thank you for that, I will go with Peter Sefton's AUK lift, I just need to see if the plate will fit in my cast iron top

I am thinking of getting a new router lift for my Axminster castiron router tabletop, Axminster do UJK lifts at £430, UJK Router Elevator I am wondering how they compare to the likes of Peter Seftons Incra lifts or Jessem AUK tools, Has anyone on here tried the Axminster one, I know Incra and Jessem are top quality, just wondering how the Axminster compared
I have The Axminster Lift and it works very well, no problems, except the router type installation, I opted for the Hitachi router (one of the Router Elevators preferred routers) it wasn't until I had Installed it and after contacting Axminster that i found out the switch on the router had a protection mechanism , Which meant that every time I wanted to use it, I had to open the side panel and switch it on by lifting the switch up and then down to start it. This was apparently due to recent legislation that required a safety switch that prevented accidental switch on.
Therefore I was unable to remotely switch router on. I asked the question of Axminster was there work round and their response was No but if I discovered one to let them know.

Has anyone have a solution?

Back