Mitre gauge

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Johnwa

Established Member
Reaction score
Hi everyone, I wonder if anyone has bought the UJK Precision mitre gauge and fence as being sold by Axminster for £125. I am particularly interested in how it compares to the Incra miter 1000. I realise the Incra offering is about £80 more expensive than the UJK and was wondering if this extra price is reflected in the quality and usability of the product. Your comments and experiences would be welcome😊

I’ve not got any idea if the ujk is better as ive not used one but I have several other ujk products and they are of good quality and I’d consider any of their products . I do have the incra 1000se and it’s probably more than what I need but its quality is sublime . I’m sure as my woodwork expands and gets better the incra will still be the bees knees .

Watch Denis' reviews of the Hongdui mitre gauge / fence combination (Hooked On Wood youtube channel china tools #45 or 48 ?)
If you are going to spend a ton of money on some aluminium extrusion, you may as well get a really well made and finished one that looks like it belongs on a race car ....

Morning both. Bingy, I think you may be right about the incra being the "benchmark" miter gauge. As Axminster has seen fit to close the only branch within 90 miles of here I cant have a ride over and have a look at their offering so I think a ride over to Peters place is in the offing plus the Incra does have a good reputation when it comes to quality.

Sideways, the Hongdui was going to be my first choice, it looks a decent piece of kit but I missed the boat and Bangood increased the price to £234 which is a bit expensive for something that I cant see before I buy and I've been on this earth too long to buy without seeing. Cheers both. John

Hi everyone, I wonder if anyone has bought the UJK Precision mitre gauge and fence as being sold by Axminster for £125. I am particularly interested in how it compares to the Incra miter 1000. I realise the Incra offering is about £80 more expensive than the UJK and was wondering if this extra price is reflected in the quality and usability of the product. Your comments and experiences would be welcome😊
I have one & find it very good. I bought it 6 or 7 years ago, then it was, I think, about £80, give or take a few 'squid'. A sound improvement on the DW one, & easy to set up.

I bought one and didnt get on with it. I thought the round pin location was a bit sloppy. I bought a bangood one which works with a tapered slot and engaging pin much better. I still have the UJK one but it will need a new bar to fit in a 19mm slot as I have modified it. PM me if interested
Ian

@Johnwa I know I am going to be a little biased :) but I really do think the extra £75 investment on the Incra will pay dividends on accuracy, quality and longevity.

You are more than welcome to send us an email and pop down to take a look for yourself, or if you want to save your time and petrol it can be ordered online with free delivery, if you are not completely satisfied you can return it within 14 days in saleable condition you get a full refund.

https://woodworkersworkshop.co.uk/incra-miter-gauge-1000se-metric/
This video covers it fairly well but its even better in metric!

Cheers

Peter

Thanks for your reply Stuart, can I clarify, did you buy the UJK or the Incra😕
Hi John, UJK. I find no 'sloppiness' in mine, it has got a positive locking screw. I don't use it a lot, but when I do, I just check the setting against the saw blade, lock it, & it stays set.

Back