Matchfit dovetail clamp system or UJK dovetail T track for the mitre track on router table?

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
@petermillard , when you did your new router table recently, did you consider using the dovetail system rather than an extrusion for the mitre fence of the table?

Thank you all for your input, I have decided on the AUK track for the mitre track and will opt the Matchfit for the rest of it.

Let's see how I mess it up!

Have both, I have just run the dovetail slots between the 20mm holes so have the best of both worlds, the dogs locate and align whilst the matchfit clamps.
I also have both in that pattern Roy, but as a long-term MFT user I’m used to eg being able to swivel the clamps in the dog holes, whereas the matchfit clamps are always in line with the slots, and having to feed the matchfit clamps in from the edges takes a bit of getting used to as well. Just a different way of doing things, and there’s ~15 years of MFT muscle-memory to fight against! 🤷‍♂️👍

I have holes and match fit system, both work well. I probably use holes more for clamping and the match fit for jigs / feather boards. Relief bit works well (I have the match fit ones) but anything would do to help here. The match fit bits are good quality. Adding track like Incra is always an option but you will like the match fit system, it works well. I have no wear issues. Each one of these systems does things slightly differently so combining them is my choice.

Back