• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to UK Workshop and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member or just click here to donate.

Sold Axminster AC216 Table Saw 8" plus extras

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bp122

Expert at Jibber-Jabber
Reaction score
Alright, this is the big one for me.

Axminster AC216 cast iron 8" table saw which has had light hobby use and haven't really been used much in the last year due to a shift in working style.

Of late, I am working mainly with the bandsaw, hand saw and router, plus with the addition of a mitre saw that I acquired last week, I have decided to sell my most expensive yet least used tool and gain some valuable space.

What's included:
1. Table saw with original fence and extension, two spanners and a rod for changing blade and a fence attachment for tall and shallow workpieces

2. Original aluminium throat plate that came with the saw

3. Aluminium zero insert plate (bought as extra)

4. Axcalibur combination blade (original)

5. Freud combination blade (extra)

6. Freud ripping blade 24T (used for 5 minutes)

7. Second riving knife (bought as extra) then modified to use for partial cuts were the tip of the knife sits below the top of the blade

8. Two wooden throat plates, one from plywood for general cutting and the other one in Oak (incomplete, but cut to profile) for true zero clearance.

9. Biesmeyer (T square) style steel rip fence upgrade with removable heavy duty 40x80 aluminium extrusion which, in current configuration, increases the trip fence capacity to over 880mm, which is more than twice that of the standard saw. It also has built in square adjustment with nylon screws (spares supplied) which is miles better than the standard fence. Not pretty, but solid in use.

10. Incra V120 mitre gauge (needs a straight piece of wood), one of the best things I bought for the saw.

The photos are here:
20220804_115022.jpg
20220804_115602.jpg
20220804_120721.jpg
20220804_120737.jpg
20220804_120748.jpg
20220804_120814.jpg
20220804_120841.jpg
20220804_120724.jpg
20220804_120909.jpg
20220804_120923.jpg

The saw weighs around 70 - 80 kg, the upgrade fence weighs a fair amount more. So this is a pick up only (Haddenham HP17) as I don't have a pallet for pallet collection.

Buying options:
1. Everything listed you see - £650 (mitre gauge, fence upgrade and the extra blades and inserts cost around £350 on their own)

2. Just the table saw with original saw and extensions plus spare blades, insert plates (in case you want the original form factor, I will swap out the fence) - £530

3. Option 2 + the mitre gauge only- £590

4. Option 2 + the fence upgrade only - £590

5. Just the fence or the mitre guage on its own: I'm afraid I don't want to sell these before the saw is sold. If someone just goes for the saw, then these will be put on sale separately.

Any questions, please ask.

P.S I can throw in the router table wing extension top (not the legs on it), if you wish, but the following are not part of the sale:
1. The router or any of its accessories
2. Router insert plate
3. The wheeled table on which the table saw is resting
4. The driveway the "extras" are placed on
5. Any specs of dirt, dust, fairy dust, dried leaves, scrap wood on display. They are strictly mine, my own, my precious!

Interesting that you upgraded the fence. It's the one thing I find really annoying and poorly designed.

Do you mean on the original saw or my upgrade is annoying? :D
Alright, this is the big one for me.

Axminster AC216 cast iron 8" table saw which has had light hobby use and haven't really been used much in the last year due to a shift in working style.

Of late, I am working mainly with the bandsaw, hand saw and router, plus with the addition of a mitre saw that I acquired last week, I have decided to sell my most expensive yet least used tool and gain some valuable space.

What's included:
1. Table saw with original fence and extension, two spanners and a rod for changing blade and a fence attachment for tall and shallow workpieces

2. Original aluminium throat plate that came with the saw

3. Aluminium zero insert plate (bought as extra)

4. Axcalibur combination blade (original)

5. Freud combination blade (extra)

6. Freud ripping blade 24T (used for 5 minutes)

7. Second riving knife (bought as extra) then modified to use for partial cuts were the tip of the knife sits below the top of the blade

8. Two wooden throat plates, one from plywood for general cutting and the other one in Oak (incomplete, but cut to profile) for true zero clearance.

9. Biesmeyer (T square) style steel rip fence upgrade with removable heavy duty 40x80 aluminium extrusion which, in current configuration, increases the trip fence capacity to over 880mm, which is more than twice that of the standard saw. It also has built in square adjustment with nylon screws (spares supplied) which is miles better than the standard fence. Not pretty, but solid in use.

10. Incra V120 mitre gauge (needs a straight piece of wood), one of the best things I bought for the saw.

The photos are here:
View attachment 141003View attachment 141004View attachment 141005View attachment 141006View attachment 141007View attachment 141008View attachment 141009View attachment 141010View attachment 141011View attachment 141012

The saw weighs around 70 - 80 kg, the upgrade fence weighs a fair amount more. So this is a pick up only (Haddenham HP17) as I don't have a pallet for pallet collection.

Buying options:
1. Everything listed you see - £650 (mitre gauge, fence upgrade and the extra blades and inserts cost around £350 on their own)

2. Just the table saw with original saw and extensions plus spare blades, insert plates (in case you want the original form factor, I will swap out the fence) - £530

3. Option 2 + the mitre gauge only- £590

4. Option 2 + the fence upgrade only - £590

5. Just the fence or the mitre guage on its own: I'm afraid I don't want to sell these before the saw is sold. If someone just goes for the saw, then these will be put on sale separately.

Any questions, please ask.

P.S I can throw in the router table wing extension top (not the legs on it), if you wish, but the following are not part of the sale:
1. The router or any of its accessories
2. Router insert plate
3. The wheeled table on which the table saw is resting
4. The driveway the "extras" are placed on
5. Any specs of dirt, dust, fairy dust, dried leaves, scrap wood on display. They are strictly mine, my own

Back