Post a photograph of the most luxurious car you have driven.

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
From a nice day at Mercedes Benz world, a £175,000 Mercedes SLS, fun car.

DSC_9912_zpsffj0p0ss.jpg

MMUK":15nrnlw0 said:
Me, I'm more than happy with this:

GTV%203.0%20V6%20Cup_zps2ljie9nt.jpg

I have one of these, Amazing car. Sadly not the V6 cup though, just a 2.0.

I haven't driven many cars tbh. Not by most of your standards anyway. Certainly none of them can be called luxurious, Mostly Alfa's, Fiats and the odd Volvo.

John Brown":me69g1v7 said:
By a strange coincidence, someone just started a "post a picture of your favourite spokshave" thread over on the Mercedes Benz owners' forum...

Which one has come out as best?

As a teenager (1960's) I had an Austin A35 van. What a crock of $hite. rubbish heater, rubbish seats, rubbish performance, ultra rubbish brakes, crappy side arm indicators etc. And it leaked rainwater right over the driver's right leg. There was absolutely nothing about that vehicle that was in any way likeable. A great way to ruin the joys of motoring. Why did I buy it? Couldn't afford better, but regretted it every time I got in the crate.
K

For my 70th birthday my wife hired a Morgan for the weekend. It is one of those cars that I have always wished to own but it should have remained a dream. Very hard ride, no power steering and blooming difficult to get in and out of. :oops: However the grandchildren loved it! :lol:

Regards Keith

Morgan_edited-1.jpg

Attachments

• Morgan_edited-1.jpg
    Morgan_edited-1.jpg
    195.1 KB · Views: 175
cutting42":2iyyeu7a said:
phil.p":2iyyeu7a said:
Haggling?? My cousin once bought five Nissans and paid for four. :)

For a Nissan, I would have wanted five and paid for one!

Nowt wrong with Nissans , they take a licking and keep on ticking.
Here's one of mine.

Bad

Bad

Better

n0legs":g9ujy4vj said:
Here's one of mine.

I like the Skylines and GTR, the 350z is pretty decent as well. Just not a fan of the rest of them.

n0legs":xb20f7pk said:
cutting42":xb20f7pk said:
phil.p":xb20f7pk said:
Haggling?? My cousin once bought five Nissans and paid for four. :)

For a Nissan, I would have wanted five and paid for one!

Mine isn't luxury, but as a top spec X-Trail it is the most comfortable car to drive I've owned. Full leather interior, heated seats, air-con etc. The driving position is good, visibility is good and the seats are comfortable. The most important thing is the ease of getting in and put - vital when you are broken bodied. I can't comfortably drive or get in/out of 'normal' cars due to a back injury.

Penny":1zml8f95 said:
Mine isn't luxury, but as a top spec X-Trail it is the most comfortable car to drive I've owned. Full leather interior, heated seats, air-con etc. The driving position is good, visibility is good and the seats are comfortable. The most important thing is the ease of getting in and put - vital when you are broken bodied. I can't comfortably drive or get in/out of 'normal' cars due to a back injury.

When we bought my wifes' new Juke I looked very hard at the new X-trail and it is a very nice car. I was very tempted but swapped for another Audi instead.

Bob

Marcos_1600_GTCoupe_turq_1968.jpg

A Marcos.I bought one "similar" to this in 1977 (mine was a kind of Lime Green ) for the princely sum of £350. From what I remember, you couldn't adjust the drivers seat, you had to wind the foot pedals back and forth. I didn't have it for long though, as it cost almost £500 to insure it even back then. It had to go as I got married that year too.

Dave

Attachments

• Marcos_1600_GTCoupe_turq_1968.jpg
    Marcos_1600_GTCoupe_turq_1968.jpg
    40.7 KB · Views: 435
Rather than the most luxurious car, what about the one that was the most fun to drive? This is mine

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7lcUPzDxaJE

That’s not me driving by the way. I used to be a weekend warrior in the 1960s and used to spend weekends motoring around the Home Counties in these. What was really fun was driving cross country especially at the RAC’s Driving School at Bovington. A bonus was that, when we weren’t motoring, we occasionally had the chance to knock holes in rusty tank targets and blow holes in the landscape in Dorset.

This is the most luxurious car I've ever owned or driven;

citroen-xm_black_3.jpg

It had a massively comfortable multi-adjustable seat......admittedly very little of the rest of the thing actually worked!

Attachments

• citroen-xm_black_3.jpg
    citroen-xm_black_3.jpg
    57.1 KB · Views: 379
Student":2umvytko said:
Rather than the most luxurious car, what about the one that was the most fun to drive? This is mine

That looks a lot of fun. Mine'd be one of these:

LotusEuropaS006.jpg

...though my last car, a Skoda Yeti, was much, much more fun to drive than you might imagine.

Student":59nkjhi9 said:
Rather than the most luxurious car, what about the one that was the most fun to drive?

This is by far the most fun car I've ever driven;

Citroen-2CV6-Club_01-600x394.jpg

However, I wouldn't recommend driving one into a stationary Honda Accord at 60 :oops:

Attachments

• Citroen-2CV6-Club_01-600x394.jpg
    Citroen-2CV6-Club_01-600x394.jpg
    62.9 KB · Views: 364
Hi Ross

I assume that 60 was your age at the time as I didn't think a 2CV could reach that speed unless you are talking about km/h or you were going downhill at the time :>) - sorry I can't get to grips with emoticons.

Going back to the OP, my most luxurious car was the predecessor of the XM, a Citroen CX Pallas. Fantastic ride quality, power steering and power assisted brakes (both novelties at the time it was produced). Mine was second hand and cost about the same as a bog standard new BMC car at the time. When it died the death, it needed new pushrods which would have cost more than the value of the car, my wife and son went to the local Citroen dealer to look at a replacement. They were tempted by the XM until I pointed out the first year's depreciation on a new XM. We bought a BX instead!

Latest posts

Back