Post a photograph of the most luxurious car you have driven.

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Student":11lkbii2 said:
Hi Ross

I assume that 60 was your age at the time as I didn't think a 2CV could reach that speed unless you are talking about km/h or you were going downhill at the time :>) - sorry I can't get to grips with emoticons.

Going back to the OP, my most luxurious car was the predecessor of the XM, a Citroen CX Pallas. Fantastic ride quality, power steering and power assisted brakes (both novelties at the time it was produced). Mine was second hand and cost about the same as a bog standard new BMC car at the time. When it died the death, it needed new pushrods which would have cost more than the value of the car, my wife and son went to the local Citroen dealer to look at a replacement. They were tempted by the XM until I pointed out the first year's depreciation on a new XM. We bought a BX instead!

In the 2CV it was obviously downhill with a following wind (hammer)

Ah the CX, the last great proper Citroen :D Luckily when I got the XM it had suffered 100% depreciation, but darn those seats were comfy :cry:

I can't post a pic, but here's a link to another example of the 'poshest' car I ever drove.

I drove this car during the 1950s, when I was in HMS Vernon, and matey with a guy who bought it to restore. We had some good runs ashore in it. He ended up shoving it off the pier when he had to go on draft to a seagoing ship!

http://www.carandclassic.co.uk/car/C535890

:D

I used to have an X trail and I thought it was really nice to drive, not so comfy in the front passenger seat though, never could lean back and get my head nicely supported.
Nothing worse than my old A35 van though.

K

Back