Post a photograph of the most luxurious car you have driven.

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

devonwoody

Established Member
Reaction score
XJS 12, two seater left hand drive around 2003.

john and jag 2003w.jpg

What can you show?

Attachments

• john and jag 2003w.jpg
    john and jag 2003w.jpg
    119.7 KB · Views: 938
This, just pipping the Jaguar XF and Porsche 911 C4S. Not as good to drive as either, but overall it had the best interior.

03-2012-infiniti-m35h-qs-opt.jpg

If you live on the south coast and like to drive nice cars then get a job at the port driving cars on and off the car transporter ships. A mate of mine does it at weekends and has drive pretty much any car you can think of.

For many years prior to retirement I was in the motor trade so there's not many cars I've not driven at some time or the other. Wouldn't like to say which was the most luxurious but the most expensive would have been one of the Ferraris. Superbly made and equipped but whether you could call it luxurious is debatable.

this, and four others before this one, yes I like them
2014-07-11 09.31.02.jpg

Attachments

• 2014-07-11 09.31.02.jpg
    2014-07-11 09.31.02.jpg
    91.5 KB · Views: 821
phil.p":1zbhe5nf said:
Can't imagine spending £2000 on a car let alone £200,000. A car is a car is a car. Now, take two wheels away ... :D
Nor me nowadays. Just need a shopping car and for local stuff. Long journeys (rare) train or fly - "let the plane or train take the strain". :)

Probably this:

Keleighs%20612.jpg_zpsd8tp2wmw.png

Belonged to a well-heeled horse mad ex of mine.

Me, I'm more than happy with this:

GTV%203.0%20V6%20Cup_zps2ljie9nt.jpg

And this:

Williams%20Clio_zpsgh8enqk3.jpg

Plus an ever increasing number of motorbikes :oops:

My dad has one of these

FERRARI308GTSiQuattroValvole-3184_1.jpg

He let me and my best man dive it to my wedding ceremony.

I had the pleasure to throw one of these found a track a few years ago

2-aston-martin-db9-volante.jpg

Fast, but I couldn't get on with the "flappy paddle gearbox"

Used to MOT this every year when I worked as a Technician a few years ago

Rolls-Royce-Silver-Shadow-79.jpg

Apparently it was owned by the Queen mother (not sure how true that is), but it sure was a lady.

Matt

Attachments

• FERRARI308GTSiQuattroValvole-3184_1.jpg
    FERRARI308GTSiQuattroValvole-3184_1.jpg
    50.3 KB · Views: 752
  • Rolls-Royce-Silver-Shadow-79.jpg
    Rolls-Royce-Silver-Shadow-79.jpg
    190.8 KB · Views: 752
  • 2-aston-martin-db9-volante.jpg
    2-aston-martin-db9-volante.jpg
    13.4 KB · Views: 752
undergroundhunter":32sy8xz8 said:
My dad has one of these

Matt

Does your dad have a moustache and a man servant named Higgins :lol:

Through the BIL I've driven loads and loads of cars, biggest let down was a Porsche GT3, biggest surprise was the Overfinch Range Rover.
Most fun was Bumblebee, you should've seen the kids :lol:

I've had a few nice cars but the best drive I've had was a £ 100k Audi R8 around a race track. I threw it around the track for a few laps then sat in with a pro driver who scared the bejeebers out of me. :lol: With 4wd it stuck to the tarmac like a go cart.

Attachments

• R8.png
    R8.png
    207.6 KB · Views: 696
Yes I suppose thinking back now I should have put on my best suit and asked around for a days trial on some of those beauties.
Oh. in 1991 I did get my hands on that larges American car, I think it was branded Ford Thunderbird, but might have forgotten the correct brand. I didn't try parking it in a tight space, let the lady owner do that.

I forgot about this one, a hire car I had for a month in the USA. Doesn't look much but a huge 3.5 ltr top of the range Chrysler 300 with every extra you could think of. It was a monster, great on the wide roads around the canyons but a nightmare when we got to San Francisco. Covered 2500 miles and only paid the cost of a mid range Mondeo size car. :D

Attachments

• 2.jpg
    2.jpg
    210.5 KB · Views: 596
  • 1.jpg
    1.jpg
    132.1 KB · Views: 596
I suppose thinking back now I should have put on my best suit and asked around for a days trial on some of those beauties.

Shouldn't matter but it can.

A number of years ago I was in the market for a new BMW and called into a dealership on the way home from a job. I was in my van and of course work clothes and I was totally ignored, even when I asked for a brochure it was just handed to me by a receptionist while the salespersons stood around talking. I went back at the weekend in smart casuals and was instantly fussed over. :roll:

I bought from a different dealer on principle and later another BMW as well as 4 Minis so they lost a lot of business, dozy gits!

Bob

Lons":2ntfclpg said:
I bought from a different dealer on principle and later another BMW as well as 4 Minis

Bob

You weren't planning on doing an Italian job were you Bob ?

Sent from my MotoE2(4G-LTE) using Tapatalk

When I went into a motor showroom all the salesmen ran out the back door, honest. They could not afford the discount. I wanted.

chippy1970":2les9typ said:
Lons":2les9typ said:
I bought from a different dealer on principle and later another BMW as well as 4 Minis

Bob

You weren't planning on doing an Italian job were you Bob ?

Sent from my MotoE2(4G-LTE) using Tapatalk
:lol: :lol: :lol:
You don't need a Mini in Italy you need a bl**dy tank. I've driven all over the world and it's the country I most hate to drive in.

I thoroughly enjoy the haggling DW.

You have to be prepared to walk away which is more difficult if it's a used car and one you're really keen to buy.
The Audi I bought a few months ago was a 3 month old demonstrator with 3000 miles a list price of more than £38k discounted to £27k and I still got another grand off it plus £1200 over top book for my A6.

When they pre-reg demo vehicles they're usually given extra discount and extended credit by the manufacturers but when it's time to pay the bill they need to sell the car quickly so can negotiate very hard as long as you're prepared to lose it. Did the same with a fiesta for my daughter which I got for an unbelievable price and my wife's last Mini which was 2 weeks old, 300 miles and £4600 off.

If I'm looking I go in at the end of the month, if they aren't keen it means they've reached targets and I go back at the beginning of the next month when they're keen to get something on the books. My philosophy is to tell them as little as possible and keep them guessing whilst still letting them know I'm genuinely in the market. :D

Bob

Back