Post a photo of the last thing you made

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I thought better of you Derek!

Oh .. okay ...

Completed in the past 2 months ...

Bedside tables for my son ...

1.jpg

D6975632-1-C21-4-D1-F-B3-DA-09-C968257-F8-E.jpg

New bed for my wife and I ..

12.jpg

Curved headboard made with laminations ...

13.jpg

MFT with track hinge and fence ...

1.jpg

2.jpg

12.jpg

13.jpg

15.jpg

Parallel guide for K3 slider ...

1.jpg

4.jpg

Regards from Perth

Derek

My new workbench.

2.6m long, 650mm deep. Huge improvement/upgrade over my previous one.

View attachment 154470

Full build thread here: English Workbench
A very nice and practical bench. Should do you for your woodworking life and then some. I would rate it 9/10. If you recess that metal plane stop so it sits flush then I could give it a 10. As it is sooner or later it will chip your nice sharp plane blade.

Not glamorous, but useful.

Fed up with loads of horses filling up the space, so I made some stackables from the most amazing builders yard spruce and rubbish offcuts.

8 more to do.

IMG_1415.JPG

IMG_1416.JPG

Hmm, top looks square, but it has a 10º bevel on it.

Bought a load of spare parts to maintain the Makita 1214 saw too.

Last edited:
Not glamorous, but useful.

Fed up with loads of horses filling up the space, so I made some stackables from the most amazing builders yard spruce and rubbish offcuts.

8 more to do.

View attachment 154500

View attachment 154501
Hmm, top looks square, but it has a 10º bevel on it.

Bought a load of spare parts to maintain the Makita 1214 saw too.
Are you going to carve them?

Nice :) But I hope that isn't where it lives, wine should be kept in the dark ( certainly away from daylight at that intensity* ) and temperature controlled.
yeah, I know that there is flash on that photo, but also a load of indirect daylight .

Nice :) But I hope that isn't where it lives, wine should be kept in the dark ( certainly away from daylight at that intensity ) and temperature controlled.
No it was placed there for photo shoot and client loaded it up it went into a cellar after this that was the garage when I delivered it he couldn't wait to try it out pic taken before digital

Recently I’ve been making a pergola which involved some curved rails, I decided the easiest way to make them was to laminate 5 pieces of pine 70x5mm together to give me 25mm thick rails, these are strips ready to be glued
A2F26184-6EA2-4BE8-88B0-048258583FE7.jpeg

The glue I used was Aerolite up 4145 urea powder adhesive applied to one surface then all 5 pieces clamped into a template

086D7B3E-1325-4A38-BFA9-259B0E1CC058.jpeg

The template was covered in clingfilm to stop the rail sticking to it & after 24 hours in the clamps the rail was removed

DF306BC5-2945-422C-8916-E6C88D232F77.jpeg

The rail was cleaned up & a chamfer planed on the top surface to help shed water then tested for fit

5AE35509-D94F-4AFE-B901-A95A8B46D1B0.jpeg

Doesn’t look like I’ll get this finished now until next week with the weather drawing in.

Attachments

• 9CEC2556-6EAE-4DF3-BB2E-EF3C6B303044.jpeg
    9CEC2556-6EAE-4DF3-BB2E-EF3C6B303044.jpeg
    418.6 KB · Views: 0
Recently I’ve been making a pergola which involved some curved rails, I decided the easiest way to make them was to laminate 5 pieces of pine 70x5mm together to give me 25mm thick rails, these are strips ready to be glued

The glue I used was Aerolite up 4145 urea powder adhesive applied to one surface then all 5 pieces clamped into a template

The template was covered in clingfilm to stop the rail sticking to it & after 24 hours in the clamps the rail was removed

The rail was cleaned up & a chamfer planed on the top surface to help shed water then tested for fit

Doesn’t look like I’ll get this finished now until next week with the weather drawing in.
Hi Doug
Nice curve and it must be great to have an opportunity to use the 'boat plane' but how did you make the template?
Simon

Back