Post a photo of the last thing you made

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
@Jameshow I can't believe how lucky I am, barely a scratch on me and no real bruising, my nose is a little sore and I've had a slight headache since but we went to the hospital on Sunday and got a scan to be safe and they say there's no visible damage so take ibuprofen and go easy for a few days.

@Thingybob I've seen that one, I'll have to have a search 😁

@Jameshow I can't believe how lucky I am, barely a scratch on me and no real bruising, my nose is a little sore and I've had a slight headache since but we went to the hospital on Sunday and got a scan to be safe and they say there's no visible damage so take ibuprofen and go easy for a few days.

@Thingybob I've seen that one, I'll have to have a search 😁
I know how you feel fell off a ladder on Saturday only a small fall bruise and scrape to forearm rip to old jacket - dodged a bullet!
Glad it was me and not a volunteer.

First attempt at a Celtic knot inlay today.
13EBC2E0-CBDF-4B04-B7CC-6B62D1F8E2F1.jpeg

So today I got back into the maker space after Fridays entertainment and decided to start on a project I set myself, our godson and his partner are getting married so I thought I would make a pair of the Victorian figures I made for the school fair but bigger, today I got the female form done, I'm happy enough with her, my only negative is the head, I think it should have been taller and taper down to the neck as it looks squat and round.
Made from Ash with a little bit of spalting, stands about 9 inches tall and finished with linseed oil, will add a couple more coats over the week.
View attachment 150873View attachment 150874View attachment 150875View attachment 150876View attachment 150877

Back on the horse after the fall as the saying goes👍. Looking good and hope your not to sore

Back out to give yesterday's fair lady a male friend, surprised myself with how quick I did this one, log to oiled in a little over 2 hours with constant stops to check measurements on my sketches, here he is....
20230111_173544.jpg
20230111_173537.jpg
20230111_173528.jpg
20230111_173514.jpg
20230111_173506.jpg

And here's a shot of them both together, cut from one log, both stand about 9inches tall, would maybe look better off the male was a little taller but overall I'm really happy with them and I think our godson and partner will love them.
20230111_173548.jpg

DSCF4528.JPG

This Mamod Roller was mine for a few pounds.

It did need a whole lot of work.

Nothing moved.
DSCF4529.JPG

The level plug is missing, filler plug is serized and the boiler boss is spinning. Plus the whistle is broken.

DSCF4767.JPG

This is the bottom of the chimney, you can see the lime scale. The boiler was worse.

Hot citric acid had it removed.
DSCF4766.JPG

This was not good.

The rebuild.

DSCF4843.JPG

Home plating kit had the fire box shinny.

Fire box was d erusted and the holes mig welded up.

DSCF4844.JPG

Right hand side is the repaired roller. TIG welded into place.
Not the best welds. As TIg welding cast alloy is not easy.
Why did I not buy new parts?

Why when I can repair most parts and keep it original.

DSCF4848.JPG

Rebuilding the engine.

New boiler Boss fittings were soldered into place. New/old stock whistle was brought. Safter valve rebuilt with new seals/

DSCF4854.JPG

New sealed rivets are also used..

DSCF4861.JPG

New Stock sticker, new burner tray and a home made scuttle.

DSCF4866.JPG

Finished.

View attachment 151167

This Mamod Roller was mine for a few pounds.

It did need a whole lot of work.

Nothing moved.
View attachment 151168

The level plug is missing, filler plug is serized and the boiler boss is spinning. Plus the whistle is broken.

View attachment 151170

This is the bottom of the chimney, you can see the lime scale. The boiler was worse.

Hot citric acid had it removed.
View attachment 151171

This was not good.

The rebuild.

View attachment 151172

Home plating kit had the fire box shinny.

Fire box was d erusted and the holes mig welded up.

View attachment 151173

Right hand side is the repaired roller. TIG welded into place.
Not the best welds. As TIg welding cast alloy is not easy.
Why did I not buy new parts?

Why when I can repair most parts and keep it original.

View attachment 151174

Rebuilding the engine.

New boiler Boss fittings were soldered into place. New/old stock whistle was brought. Safter valve rebuilt with new seals/

View attachment 151175

New sealed rivets are also used..

View attachment 151176

New Stock sticker, new burner tray and a home made scuttle.

View attachment 151177

Finished.
Looks great! I still have mine I got as a kid as well as my brothers traction engine.

A burnisher for my scrapers. Made using a 6mm tungsten rod. Handle is from a type of Laurel cut from the garden, a few years back. The ferrule is stainless steel, as I have had brass ones crack in the cold of my workshop.View attachment 151295
Lovely. I had card scrapers for Xmas and using an old screwdriver on them just doesn’t feel right.

Back