Post a photo of the last thing you made

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
making a bunch of Christmas stars out of old bed slats for our Men’s shed stall at a craft fair

Attachments

• 0567951F-0C7F-4D0D-B8A3-FEBD159CDAB1.jpeg
    0567951F-0C7F-4D0D-B8A3-FEBD159CDAB1.jpeg
    683.9 KB · Views: 0
  • 8A7307CA-0944-4B63-83A0-8E6781909BAD.jpeg
    8A7307CA-0944-4B63-83A0-8E6781909BAD.jpeg
    767.9 KB · Views: 0
  • C4B91CB3-EA2A-452F-AECA-CB65DB12C58C.jpeg
    C4B91CB3-EA2A-452F-AECA-CB65DB12C58C.jpeg
    880.4 KB · Views: 0
like that idea
THANK YOU

Oh I see... I've routed a little shallow U shape groove to the side of the board (before gluing the tray), and used 2 part epoxy to glue the ends if the strap in. The goal was to have it strongly fixed in place, and also flush, so it wouldn't interfere with the lining.

If you go on to Pinterest and find an instructables post “ how to make a 24 inch wooden star with a 2 x 4 “ you will get the best instructions for making these stars. this guy has worked out how to reduce errors in cutting angles rather than compound them ( there are 20 angles to cut - so a 0.5 degree error could lead to a compound error of 20 x 0.5 = 10 degrees! Anyhow, the key is to make the jig to cut the 18 degree angles, join the first two pieces together to make 5 “ petals” and use the jig again to cut the remaining angles. The jig angle can be accurately set using a 40 x 13 ratio rather than using a small protractor.
i use a minimum of 16 mm thick material to get a good pocket hole fixing.

It is just a tiny project. In Germany it is called "Stricklisl". One part of this word is "stricken" and means knitting. And the other part "lisl" is a nickname or casual for the Name "Lisa". I build it for my daughter, because she likes to learn knitting. This is a good tool for children to learn. Build from scratch and nails.

IMG_4984.jpg

It is just a tiny project. In Germany it is called "Stricklisl". One part of this word is "stricken" and means knitting. And the other part "lisl" is a nickname or casual for the Name "Lisa". I build it for my daughter, because she likes to learn knitting. This is a good tool for children to learn. Build from scratch and nails.

View attachment 146413
French knitting - they used to be made from cotton reels when I was a child.

View attachment 146413
I recall using one of these many, many years ago. I think we called them French Knitters. I might make one as a mystery object.
Thanks for sharing Joschua.

seaton chest chisels - two of a set that I have been very tardy in completing. They're for a professional woodworker here in the states, so not moving them along is inconsiderate, I guess, but it's also not like i charge for chisels, either, so I don't know what's bad manners in such a case.

6XprmjB.jpg

l846PFf.jpg

the unusual thing about these chisels aside from the fact that they look like carving tools is that they are .06" thick at the bevel end.

the bevels make it look like they're not as thin as they are, but the bevels themselves are just really shallow to create that illusion.

They're not perfect copies of the seaton pictures, but they're close.

Today I made some money 💰 🤑 sold both my two cherry and iroko pots with pewter lids for £100, was amazed, I only listed them yesterday, my first big sale 😁😁😁😁😁
I also started a little bowl from an extremely dry and punky piece of spalted sycamore, I almost added the piece to the firewood pile, I'll post some pics when it's finished.

Today I made some money 💰 🤑 sold both my two cherry and iroko pots with pewter lids for £100, was amazed, I only listed them yesterday, my first big sale 😁😁😁😁😁
I also started a little bowl from an extremely dry and punky piece of spalted sycamore, I almost added the piece to the firewood pile, I'll post some pics when it's finished.
I've got some cherry if you could use it?!

Back