Post a photo of the last thing you made

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
@

MorrisWoodman12

Yes, it's a multi-purpose creation.
Prototype - for young grand-children - was an A4 size 2 mm Perspex (cut in two) effort to demonstrate root & shoot growth of a Broad Bean seed; it received a luke warm reception
_DSC0001 (4).JPG

Nice . I like the grain on the ash lid, How much quicker do you think it was batch making
Ian
Thanks Ian. I have just totted it up and I spent twice the time making five than it took to make the original one. Some of that improvement in productivity will be down to faffing around on the first one and I also did the sliding lids on these on the router table rather than by hand.

0BF1703F-4B54-4132-8870-CACE5C158A6A.jpeg
4BE7A4D6-0CA8-41F2-9AD3-0503F7EBCEE9.jpeg

A pair of my RFC Cheviots which a chap drove almost 600 miles to pick up! 90lbs per cab. Brich ply cabs, American Black Walnut veneer with solud Walnut mitred frame into which a grille frame fits, secured by neodimium magnets bonded into front baffle beneath veneer. Liberon fine finishing oil finish followed by several burnish coats of Black Bison wax to create a subtle lustre.

Table, combining the (reshaped) legs from one table with the top of another table. All solid oak, finished with Osmo. The table will be stored in the garage during winter. To this end, the legs are removable - they are held in place with two wedges that are visible in the close up picture. This works better than my first try which yielded an unstable table.
Buying furniture second-hand is a great way to obtain wood for a small price here - typically less than €25 for a piece.

(Also posted this on the “Something you have recycled thread” - not sure where it belongs....)
IMG_7243.jpg
IMG_7242.jpg

Table, combining the (reshaped) legs from one table with the top of another table. All solid oak, finished with Osmo. The table will be stored in the garage during winter. To this end, the legs are removable - they are held in place with two wedges that are visible in the close up picture. This works better than my first try which yielded an unstable table.
Buying furniture second-hand is a great way to obtain wood for a small price here - typically less than €25 for a piece.

(Also posted this on the “Something you have recycled thread” - not sure where it belongs....)
View attachment 145699View attachment 145700
25$ for solid oak. If you parted that table out like a used car. You have a lot of good wood there. You could never buy it for that in the store. I see 8 pepper mills in those legs , lol. Through the eyes of a wood turner!

just wish I could find wood/furniture like that here.........
found a beat up 1/2 rotten pine trunk at the bins...the sides are around 20inches X wide 1/2 thick....
one peice of wood.....!!!!!!!! unobtainium now......

made myself a router base, yes a power router! planning on using it to make some electric guitars and will be making jigs soon, it's a bit rough and took 3 attempts, hence the holes.

Attachments

• 10mm_acrylicbase-1.jpg
    10mm_acrylicbase-1.jpg
    1.6 MB · Views: 0
  • 10mm_acrylicbase-2.jpg
    10mm_acrylicbase-2.jpg
    1.8 MB · Views: 0
  • 10mm_acrylicbase-3.jpg
    10mm_acrylicbase-3.jpg
    1.7 MB · Views: 0

Latest posts

Back