Post a photo of the last thing you made

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
This weeks effort, stone being fitted when I took pics

3RufM6t.jpg

LE8NdKd.jpg

wH7tYjK.jpg

RyRtvly.jpg

J5ghwEC.jpg

wB4AprG.jpg

Awesome stuff bob as ever. Your design, use of materials and execution really is something to behold.

Quick question if I may; I note that each of the recent builds you’ve shown use inset doors and drawers. Is this the modern trend for high end built ins?

Don't suppose you know what the flooring is Bob? I'm looking for something similar for when I get my extension done.

Lovely work as ever.

Setch":1k6b9l24 said:
Don't suppose you know what the flooring is Bob? I'm looking for something similar for when I get my extension done.

Lovely work as ever.

Hi, think it was an amtico floor.

memzey":xmbunhgg said:
Awesome stuff bob as ever. Your design, use of materials and execution really is something to behold.

Quick question if I may; I note that each of the recent builds you’ve shown use inset doors and drawers. Is this the modern trend for high end built ins?

Yes, for traditional bespoke kitchens, frames and butt hinges is the norm.

Farm Labourer":3nmggiwp said:
Lovely work Dr Bob. How did you do the carving on the drawer fronts (veg and spuds)? It's exquisite?
Thank you - I was too embarrassed to ask. :oops: I thought it was too obvious, if you know what you are doing, that is?

Recycling bag unit thingy:
IMG_2268 (2).jpg

IMG_2269.jpg

I posted it on the local FB hub where there's been a lot of noise about the new system (now 6 separate recycling containers) as an efficient way of dealing with it all if you don't have space in the house, and had lots of requests to make them for people. I don't want to, i think tanalised wood's pretty nasty. But there's clearly a market. Cost £76 to make.

Attachments

• IMG_2268 (2).jpg
    IMG_2268 (2).jpg
    993.7 KB · Views: 192
  • IMG_2269.jpg
    IMG_2269.jpg
    1.1 MB · Views: 192
lol Chris you have 6 for each house and its taken me 7 years of asking to get 3 between 72 flats

This one has taken a "while" due to feature creep but was finally handed over the the better half last night and is now filled with all her knitting cr... stuff. Drawer and doors fitted with soft close hardware so she can't slam any of it!
dfda01feac02b0f114513883a2f3b026.jpg

a8bc8202bc4592fe5dbcae9258a08b8e.jpg

MikeG.":3vcq23f1 said:
I'm not sure what I'm seeing there, Nelsun. Is it two different pieces of furniture?
Nope. Just the one. Thank the lord ;)

Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk

Shhhhhhh ........... CNC .................. don't tell the hand tool chaps

I was kind of half-expecting you to say that, unfortunately. :) Not because I don't approve, far from it but because I don't have one ! ;)

MikeG.":2xyjfni1 said:
Well, it looks brown in one photo, and blue in another. Weird!

Anyway, well done. It looks great.
Helmi 30 Denim used throughout; so a very dark blue. Just carp phone camera I guess.

No not B&Q special but carefully shaped and jointed up Oak handrail for retro fitting to a stair case with quarter landing, fingers crossed that it will fit.
IRS20191026_213558.jpg

Attachments

• IRS20191026_213558.jpg
    IRS20191026_213558.jpg
    224.8 KB · Views: 274
Chris152":2lrw8dp6 said:
I posted it on the local FB hub where there's been a lot of noise about the new system (now 6 separate recycling containers) as an efficient way of dealing with it all if you don't have space in the house.

We've got them around this way as well, the only thing that makes me go "What were they thinking" is why on earth would you use an open-topped bag for the cardboard recycling when they won't accept wet cardboard? It's raining most of the year!

Latest posts

Back