Post a photo of the last thing you made

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
brian that chest of drawers is really nice, it's good enough to be on display in a shop, you should be proud of that!

Bench is also lovely, with nice choices of wood, and well executed

Last thing i completed was this dovetail guide out of boxwood. Angled for 1:8 or 7.1 degrees. Not pretty, but it does the job

f88f7fdd3abf3742b39d727d07b7f255.jpg

2ea0c7506f5e43669c56810d46dbb1d5.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

NazNomad":2g8e6kcr said:
Finally finished this damn thing... 99%oak, 1% glue.

tractor_2.jpg
Oh my word !!! I want I want I want. That's awesome- I know several people who would love that.

Dear God, the scale in that picture! The bush and the gravel....I thought you had made a MASSIVE tractor! Had to keep looking at it.
Logical part of brain 'Naaaaahh, can't be... it makes no sense'
Monkey part of brain 'F*** me! Naz made a lifesize tractor out of OAK! Brillliaaaaannnnt!!!!'

Hi folks. I am a new young woodworker of 62yrs that has just joined the forum. If this post goes to plan I will share a pic of my last (and first) project. If you can see it it is a new bunk bed made in pine for the grandkids. A poor picture as it is a large bed in a small room, and my phone camera struggled to fit things in.
The next project better be a smaller one as I almost burned myself out on this one.

Edit.... oops, no photo. Any clues on how I upload one?

Thanks for the reply Tom. I've just found the rules for piccies so am now trying to reduce the size for an upload (unless I reach the three posts first :D)

First project?? i think you can give yourself a pat on the back for that one, very well designed and nicely executed, kudos, and welcome to the forums. :D

just finished my first dovetail box with a sliding lid (although my third actual box) , made from spruce for the sides and lid, with redwood for the base, finished with one layer of dewaxed shellac for sanding sealer, sanded to 240, then a layer of clear briwax.

Attachments

• DT_sliding_box-1.jpg
    DT_sliding_box-1.jpg
    204.9 KB · Views: 189
  • DT_sliding_box-2.jpg
    DT_sliding_box-2.jpg
    184.8 KB · Views: 189
  • DT_sliding_box-3.jpg
    DT_sliding_box-3.jpg
    192.4 KB · Views: 189
  • DT_sliding_box-4.jpg
    DT_sliding_box-4.jpg