Picture Hosting

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

llangatwgnedd

Established Member
Reaction score
At the moment I am having trouble uploading photos to uploadit.com.
I have been paying nine dollars a year for storage and to be fair they have been pretty good in the past,
but the last couple of months just cant upload even blasting them with complaints ,so it is time to move on.
so any recommendations? don't mind paying well $9 a year at the most.
Another thing I have thought of is the free website space with my isp NTL,
How do I go about using that for photo storage only?

Cheers SDP

I use photobucket , its free and i must have around 250 pics on there at the mo . Jason B inspired me to look into it :wink:

Sawdust Producer":frs0siop said:
Another thing I have thought of is the free website space with my isp NTL, How do I go about using that for photo storage only?

Firstly, you'll need to find out (from your ISP) the FTP (File Transfer Protocol) address of their server. Next, you'll need an FTP programme to create the directories (folders) on that server and to upload the files. If you want a bit more info on this, have a look at "Uploading your Web Page files" on this page I did a while back, which also points to some free resources that might suit you.

Ray.

Sony Imagestation has been pretty good, and free. http://www.imagestation.com

Recently started using http://flickr.com/ because they have some very neat software on their site that allows you to upload pictures by simply dragging and dropping images from your hard-drive to the Flickr window, and it automatically resizes the image for upload in the process without you having to do it in photoshop or PBP and save a duplicate reduced size image on your own pc. As usual, it was my son who introduced me to this service - I would otherwise stick with what I know and understand!

Both free and offering good service.

Never had a problem with uploadit and I do like the ad and clutter free results.

Latest posts

Back