CH drain down help

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
flush it out 'properly' and add fernox?
Job done! Thank you all for advice.

I hadn’t expected it to take as long as it did. I guess that draining a system in a bungalow is likely to be slow. Ok to start with but once the water out of the feeder tank it all slows down. I did find a drain off valve below an obscure radiator. So much gunge to be removed from the feeder tank as well. When all turned back on I had an F23 boiler error (Vaillant) that cleared on a fresh restart, and it all works. Hurrah!

Job done! Thank you all for advice.

I hadn’t expected it to take as long as it did. I guess that draining a system in a bungalow is likely to be slow. Ok to start with but once the water out of the feeder tank it all slows down. I did find a drain off valve below an obscure radiator. So much gunge to be removed from the feeder tank as well. When all turned back on I had an F23 boiler error (Vaillant) that cleared on a fresh restart, and it all works. Hurrah!
F23 fault code referres to a safety shutdown as a result of a temperture senors being out of range. Most likely reason is a small amount of air in the system that the circulator pump has now removed.

Good news. DIY can save you lots on jobs like this because you could end up paying a plumber to watch the system slowly empty. ( Not suggesting they overcharge, the time it is emptying is time they can't be on another job.)

Latest posts

Back