Pencil ?

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Benchwayze":bbsgk3a3 said:
On this page there is a special sharpener for these leads and the 2mm too.

I have an old Faber Castell sharpener for those leads that I must have bought in the 1950s. It's made of brass 8)

Cheers :wink:

Paul

Hmmm :-k I can see a gap in the market for a LN or maybe LV pencil and brass sharpener, shiny, I would have one ! :lol:

Cheers, Paul :D

paulm":26rep2e1 said:
Hmmm :-k I can see a gap in the market for a LN or maybe LV pencil and brass sharpener, shiny, I would have one ! :lol:

Suede pencil cases?

But think of the interminable discussions about bevel up and down pencil sharpeners, what the bevel angle should be, and the exact formulation of the tin they are made from...

paulm":2r7qvt7z said:

Maybe Richard Kell will make one? - Rob

Chattahoochee for me, if you can only use 14% of an ordinary carpenter's pencil compared to 100% of the flexible version, gotta be good!

Four pages of discussion about pencils!

I think none of you have any lead in yours and that's why you spend so much time on here :wink:

Sawdust":4s6uhdw3 said:

I think none of you have any lead in yours and that's why you spend so much time on here :wink:

You would say that... I couldn't possibly comment!

:lol:

John

http://www.cultpens.com/acatalog/Pentel ... _1000.html

...is what I use for drawing amongst others. One neat feature is the fact that the pencil position stays put but you withdraw the nib like you do with a pen (i.e. you don't need to pump the end to reveal the lead (and then faff around trying to get the right amount) - just click open, click closed).

Sawdust":4ayhncea said:

:lol: :lol: :lol:

To be honest, I use the ones from Tesco, a billion for 10p and a pocketfull of Screwfix's finest, but I was curious to know if anyone find's mechanical ones less hassle, I loose as many sharpeners as I do pencils, and I'm rubbish at doing it with a stanley knife before someones suggests it :lol:

But I do agree about sharpening cheap ones with broken leads :x

And as for you Mr Naylor :wink: shouldn't you be buying an over rated router for about £4k :lol: :lol: I took your pencils last week :D

I bought this in the end :lol:
http://www.cultpens.com/acatalog/Graf-v ... tml#a13734

Cheers

Jed

I live a couple of miles from the Edinburgh IKEA store. As consequence I get dragged in fairly regularly by SWMBO...usually with the promise of coffee. Like Danny, I usually stick a few pencils in my pocket. Problem is, I usually forget about them and I now have holes in several trouser pockets :oops: That's what I get for being cheap I suppose.

Any that I find at work or around the home! :roll: Why spend all that money on a pencil when it could go towards some more tools. :lol:

Back