Paying to have an argument

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Bang on, old Boy!

This one came from the latter series of Monty Python..........

During its earlier series, M.P. was capable of emptying pubs when it came on....... unless they had a telly in the back room.

Not an option hereabouts.

:sleep:

Some topics are too sensitive for a number of our members.
Personally I think we should be able to talk politics like grown ups, the general veto is unhealthy and undemocratic.
Sex and religion don't seem to crop up often - maybe we are just past it!
Not "paying" by the way - it's quite free!

Personally I think we should be able to talk politics like grown ups, the general veto is unhealthy and undemocratic.

Oh I get the need for something a little seperate from the rest of the talk. Some people only want the workshoppy bits. It's just that you have to be a 'Supporter" to use that forum, you only get to be a supporter by paying. Oddly you can't even read the rules :sneaky:

Oh I get the need for something a little seperate from the rest of the talk. Some people only want the workshoppy bits. It's just that you have to be a 'Supporter" to use that forum, you only get to be a supporter by paying. Oddly you can't even read the rules :sneaky:
Oddly you have misread the rules. Anybody can use the off topic forum. I don't pay for anything.

It very clearly states "Supporting Member access only." - Access is blocked if you're not a supporter with the error "You do not have permission to view this page or perform this action."

As far as I am aware any member can access this forum as @Jacob has stated, I believe it used to be that you just had ro request access but now open to all and if you don't want it then just block it.

It very clearly states "Supporting Member access only." - Access is blocked if you're not a supporter with the error "You do not have permission to view this page or perform this action."
It does doesn't it! I see that a lot of the users are not "supporting members" including me.
Have a go and see if you can join.

I'm not overly concerned, twitter is free and you can have lots of arguments there 😆

no scaredycat is right you have to be a supporting member to access that part of the forum, I wouldn't want to see it anyway.

As far as I am aware any member can access this forum as @Jacob has stated, I believe it used to be that you just had ro request access but now open to all and if you don't want it then just block it.

psems.gif

Do any one really find MP funny?
I cannot see what the fuss is about!!

Do any one really find MP funny?
I cannot see what the fuss is about!!
Some of their sketches haven't aged well IMHO. They can come across just as smart alec public school boys and a bit too pleased with themselves!

To be clear, the Off-Topics II forum was created because there are some members who simply cannot refrain from posting banned topics and we got tired of continuously cleaning up threads and posts, as well as suspending or banning members. The UKW is a workshop forum, not your local pub. If you want to openly discuss the world's woes and unhappiness with politics, find another discussion board where handbags at dawn is allowed.

It was easier on the Moderator Team to create a limited access back room out of public view rather than continue to devote our volunteer time to dealing with those who refuse to abide by the rules. Even with the OT2 forum, some members continued to cross the line and were shown the door.

Oddly you have misread the rules. Anybody can use the off topic forum. I don't pay for anything.

Before you press your luck too much, the Administrators decided to let anyone who had access during the "ask for entry" period to retain access. A few mouse clicks are all that is required to reverse this.

Before you press your luck too much, the Administrators decided to let anyone who had access during the "ask for entry" period to retain access. ....
I hadn't realised that people were expected to pay to listen to me, @selectortone and @RobinBHM arguing about politics!
How ludicrous - I don't suppose it generates much revenue! There are adults in these forums you know!
People seem able to natter on about every issue under the sun except politics.

life is too short ..why look for arguments...
having modded and admined ..all volunteer mods and admins are saints, there are so many more rewarding ways of spending ones time.
there is no obligation to join in, nor much moderation required, which is the whole point of having a closed forum, entry by request only.

there is no obligation to join in, which is the whole point of having a closed forum entry by request only.
I suppose you still do not understand, so I will try one last time. Access to the OT2 forum is no longer by request only. The rules changed and, aside from those who previously had access, the OT2 is now open only to UKW Supporters. There are no more requests for access.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back