Parkside/Lidl Cordless Pole Saw any opinions please

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hi again HS
Well Ive been using my Parkside Cordless Pole Saw and its better than expected - been used for quite a few 3" branches and a couple of 8" tree trunks when taking down/cutting up a fir tree (and some old holly bush) I also needed to cut down the length of a log (Holly) as I needed a 6" slither Surprisingly quite hard wood.
There is a small circlip that holds the chain driving cog/wheel in position that I noticed today while still in position has twisted/bent slightly and only just holds the driving cog wheel so its a visit to Toolstation to get their £2.79 selection as I cant find my box.
It now seems to be making harder work cutting so the chain must be blunt - leaves me the choice of sharpening or buying another, if buying another (or buying a file) I cant see what size I would need. Probably the original chain was not top quality!
The chain only has a 18 mark nothing else. The info sticky label doesn't help either.
If you could advice which chain and/or saw file size so I can see the way forward would be much appreciated
The photos might be useful
thanks in anticipation
Hi ive always used these people for spare chains and always been quick and good OREGON® 91PX 3/8" x .050" (1.3mm) (replaces 91VG) Give em a ring as number looks 18 but could be 1B as not showing 18 and 1B is 3/8.0.50 which i think could be wrong? and they will do sharpening bits also.
Need a brush with file each time use that way easier on saw and battery plus cutting in garden often debris in wood from something!

Hi again HS
Well Ive been using my Parkside Cordless Pole Saw and its better than expected - been used for quite a few 3" branches and a couple of 8" tree trunks when taking down/cutting up a fir tree (and some old holly bush) I also needed to cut down the length of a log (Holly) as I needed a 6" slither Surprisingly quite hard wood.
There is a small circlip that holds the chain driving cog/wheel in position that I noticed today while still in position has twisted/bent slightly and only just holds the driving cog wheel so its a visit to Toolstation to get their £2.79 selection as I cant find my box.
It now seems to be making harder work cutting so the chain must be blunt - leaves me the choice of sharpening or buying another, if buying another (or buying a file) I cant see what size I would need. Probably the original chain was not top quality!
The chain only has a 18 mark nothing else. The info sticky label doesn't help either.
If you could advice which chain and/or saw file size so I can see the way forward would be much appreciated
The photos might be useful
thanks in anticipation

Here we are they say this one. 90PX033 / 90PX033E / 90PX033X Chainsaw Chain which is 3/8 043/1.1mm which is what i thought as 1.3mm seems a tad heavy for saw to drive when looked up number
They do files etc 4mm plus post is included in price and an Oregon chain.
Do check links are 33 before clicking

An update
So having bought one I opened the box woo hoo
The oil bottle was not quite full, some was spread around inside the box but so what!
The 2 main components were held together for packing with two nice chunky reusable cable ties -- good you can't have too many cable ties.
Assembly was straightforward and the instructions were pretty good.
I have bought 2 batteries a 2 and 4 ah and pre-charged them only used the larger one and will keep going without charging to see how long it lasts.
I tried a 2-inch branch on a tree that recently fell down and it cut through like butter.
Next was a 7-inch fir tree stump to cut flush at ground level which it cut through with a little bit of struggle (might have been the angle it was cutting at) but fine.
The oil filler cap unscrewed itself during the above but maybe user error
I now need some more oil to top up, not sure if cooking/sunflower or mineral oil (baby oil) would be best, the supplied oil seems a bit sticky and a bit less runny than the other two oils I might buy.
All in all, so far, a satisfied customer.
Hope this is helpful
do you still need oil? ive 2x 5 litres can give you some out of used one and might be heading your way either this weekend or later to go raid the plaice stocks! Why they call it fishing as always hopeful! but there out there mind i guess your more Selsey way?
Can give your chain a sharpen if like?

You can use engine oil if stuck cheapo 20/50 etc as it's a slow turn unlike a bigger saw

Hi HS
Have ordered one of the chains as suggested - re oil I'm sorted thank you but very kind offer. - I'm a bit South of Gatwick.
I used to go freshwater fishing but got out of the habit, my fishing exploits are now only accompanied by chips!

Hi HS
Have ordered one of the chains as suggested - re oil I'm sorted thank you but very kind offer. - I'm a bit South of Gatwick.
I used to go freshwater fishing but got out of the habit, my fishing exploits are now only accompanied by chips!
Your welcome if want a file up on chain going to Shoreham this week

These are on sale from 13/10/22 my brother had one a few years ago and was happy with it but he lent it to someone and it's not been returned so can't check if it's the same as the one on offer. Does anyone have one and got any comments please before I rush out and buy.
I will need to buy the battery/charger as well as this would be my first venture into Lidl tools.

https://www.lidl.co.uk/p/diy-deals/parkside-20v-cordless-pole-saw-bare-unit/p55143
thanks
I just bought one & worked fine for 30 mins then some light branches got stuck behind sprocket cover which I pulled out but the saw stopped working.
Removed sprocket cover and black part that covers gear sprocket wheel is missing (not sure if it's a guide wheel). Just wondering does anyone know what this part is cled and if its replaceable as warranty states that it does not cover fragile parts or damage caused by natural hazards!!
Thanks,
Tom
Email:
Mod edit- email address removed.
(my 10 Yr old son set up email for me!! 😅)

Last edited by a moderator:
I just bought one & worked fine for 30 mins then some light branches got stuck behind sprocket cover which I pulled out but the saw stopped working.
Removed sprocket cover and black part that covers gear sprocket wheel is missing (not sure if it's a guide wheel). Just wondering does anyone know what this part is cled and if its replaceable as warranty states that it does not cover fragile parts or damage caused by natural hazards!!
Thanks,
Tom
Email:
[email protected]
(my 10 Yr old son set up email for me!! 😅)
Hi suggest you edit your post to remove your private email address
Folk can reply on the forum

When I get a chance I will look at my unit

Hi suggest you edit your post to remove your private email address
Folk can reply on the forum

When I get a chance I will look at my unit
Tks Okeydokey,
Apologies, i new to forum & newbie to Internet, just wondering do you know how to edit a post, I'm using a smartphone, am logged in but don't see any edit option on post?
Thanks,
Tom

Apologies, i new to forum & newbie to Internet, just wondering do you know how to edit a post, I'm using a smartphone, am logged in but don't see any edit option on post?
Thanks,
Tom
I suggest you contact a moderator, try clicking on 'report' at the bottom of the post with your email and request it removed from the post

Please see photos of mine showing the black cover and the bit the black cover covers
Hope its helpful

Attachments

• DSCF8472.JPG
    DSCF8472.JPG
    738.4 KB · Views: 0
  • DSCF8471.JPG
    DSCF8471.JPG
    1.9 MB · Views: 0
Please see photos of mine showing the black cover and the bit the black cover covers
Hope its helpful
Tks okeydokey, strange on mine there was a black it covering the gear sprocket wheel on left hand side of the 2nd picture, seperate to the sprocket cover in picture 1 which I'm guessing kept the chain in place as in pic 1 below but appreciate you getting back to me!!

Having difficulty uploading pic

Attachments

• Screenshot_20231117_175607_com.huawei.filemanager.jpg
    Screenshot_20231117_175607_com.huawei.filemanager.jpg
    640 KB · Views: 0
Maybe the black cover is two bits --- the outer cover and fitted to it a smaller piece which could come off? Only had a quick look
let me know if you want me to have another look

Tks Okeydokey, Nope the black part was on top of the chain wheel prior to assembly, felt firmer than a washer, battery is good,& gear chain wheel spins, just doesn't catch chain without that black part, yours looks like a different model where sprocket cover keeps gear chain wheel in place perhaps, I'll give the service number a ring tomorrow and update afterwards, tks anyway though!!

Last edited:
Maybe they can send a parts diagram
On your photo the chain was silly loose on mine you have to push the bar away from the body until the chain is tightish then put the cover on and tighten it which then holds the chain tight and on the chain drive wheel. I assume yours does the same

Thanks Spectric I noticed that myself when I looked at the photo - will relocate it tomorrow or maybe its a chinesium circlip and might have bent/needs a replacement or worst case the groove on the shaft isn't deep enough. The saw mechanism gets clogged easily so it could simply have been eased off.
cheers

Maybe they can send a parts diagram
On your photo the chain was silly loose on mine you have to push the bar away from the body until the chain is tightish then put the cover on and tighten it which then holds the chain tight and on the chain drive wheel. I assume yours does the same
Hey Okey Dokey, just to advise, I spoke with Customer service & Manufacturers helpline but they were unable to advise Re missing black part so returned saw for refund.
Tks again for all your help though!!

Back