Parkside cordless circular saw for internal joinery/cabinetry

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Pallet Fancier

Established Member
Reaction score
Another Parkside thread! You lucky people! ;)

I'll (hopefully, at the time of writing) be helping a friend refit the interior of his boat, this summer. The location will not have mains power. He might have a generator, but I'm thinking it's wiser and easier to be as cordless as possible.

Lo and behold, as well as a chainsaw, Lidl UK are also doing a cordless circular saw. It's not the first time this thing has turned up and there are some people who hate it. Apparently it's gutless and can bind. I did note, however, that those reviewers were using the 2ah battery. Would the 4ah battery make a difference? I have a couple of those. And given what I'd be using it for, does it matter? We'll be doing everything from decks to bulkheads to cabinets and furniture.

I bought an Aldi cordless circular saw recently (same machine as Parkside) - to take out in the car* if I pick up any pallets that I need to cut to transport (making stuff from the timber) - the saw works fine, not massively powerful but does the job. For £50 it's saved me lots of time hand-sawing.

* you also need to take the battery - DAHIKT :(

I have the parkside saw , and to be honest it is a little better with a 4ah battery than a 2ah battery much like the angle grinder , that with a 2ah batt is a paint to use but with the 4ah its fine ,,
out of all the parkside tools it’s the one I am most disappointed with ,, it will do the job but you will have to coax it through 18mm mdf even with quality blades ,,,

Latest posts

Back