Opinions please

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

chippy1970

Established Member
Reaction score
I just picked myself up some cheap systainers to add to my ever growing collection. Anyway I want to put my big Dewalt 626 router in one of them but found it has to be plunged and locked to get it to fit in a sys 4. I need to know if leaving it plunged while stored could weaken the springs. Anyone ??

Oh and if you want any systainers cheap PM me and I will tell you where I got mine.

Chris

It shouldn't do as no different to fitting a router to a router table, I guess it would depend on how long you left it in the systainer. I have an 18 year old router fitted to a table which has shown no ill effects after two years.

Simon

Tenon":2mf5ofiy said:
It shouldn't do as no different to fitting a router to a router table, I guess it would depend on how long you left it in the systainer. I have an 18 year old router fitted to a table which has shown no ill effects after two years.

Simon

Yeah but is that router left plunged all the time ?

I bought a small 615 De Walt router and that had the same problem with the case as it had to be plunged to fit it in. I wasn't too happy with this so cut sections out of the dividers so I could put it in it's case unplunged.

My Hitachi M12V needs to be fully plunged to fit in its case - I've experienced no ill affects after about 4 years.

Also found this quote: "from a mechanical engineering and materials standpoint, springs do not "fatigue", "wear out" or "weaken" from being compressed (within their design limits) and left that way"

Lynn

My work mate has got the original elu /dewalt 626. He made a wooden box for it and it has to be plunged to fit in the box. It must have been in the box for a good 10 years with no problems. The elus soft start also seems to be alot better than the dewalt clone

chippy1970":3vfm8cf2 said:
Tenon":3vfm8cf2 said:

Simon

Yeah but is that router left plunged all the time ?

Yes it is under tension when mounted under the table.

Latest posts

Back