O2 customer service...

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
geoffshep":2mtagacs said:
RogerS":2mtagacs said:
geoffshep":2mtagacs said:
But with a compatible handset you can use o2 wifi calling for those times when there is no signal.

That's what is being discontinued as I understand it

No - TuGo is ending, wifi calling is what makes it unnecessary: https://www.o2.co.uk/help/apps/tu-go

Ummm...only if you have deep pockets and can afford the latest devices. Tu Go ran on much older stuff.

Just found out that my elderly iPod won't run High & Dry which I used a lot. I need a newer one but at well over a couple of ponies outside my budget. More and more sites won't run properly on the version of Safari I have and although I can upgrade the iOS to a later version...even then Safari's still iffy on some sites. Plus the computer runs like a dog. Hey ho...I can see a day when I will be computer less !

Progress is great if you are salaried.

RogerS":1igwtt8h said:
Myfordman":1igwtt8h said:
Roger
I have the Skype app on my phone. Not the video thing but just a way to dial calls from any where that I have a wifi signal. There is a minimum preload credit of £10 but the cost are so low it lasts for ages.

Can people ring you using your mobile number using this method ? Send texts ?

I don't know Roger. I rarely receive calls and texts over the phone network anyway.
I would expect the incoming call would have to come from a Skype source.

I set up a Skype account yrs ago to talk to my daughter who lived in Canada for a year. Still have £9.81 in credit with it. They send a message every 6 months to make a call to keep it operational. So using the app on my iPhone I ring our Home landline for a few seconds which keeps the credit intact.

Rod

Harbo":cmkuc2zt said:
I set up a Skype account yrs ago to talk to my daughter who lived in Canada for a year. Still have £9.81 in credit with it. They send a message every 6 months to make a call to keep it operational. So using the app on my iPhone I ring our Home landline for a few seconds which keeps the credit intact.

Rod

Same here Rod. I set mine up when we went to NZ in 2012 so I could phone my son who stayed home alone for 5 weeks and contacting hotels etc. My credit is about the same as yours.

RogerS":2sh6unuz said:
Noel":2sh6unuz said:
Get a Skype number (as supplied by Skype, not your mobile number) you can make and receive calls. They do various packages :

https://support.skype.com/en/faq/FA256/ ... ype-number

I've had the same mobile number for 20+ years. Getting yet another phone number is complicating things.

What's complicated about it? It's not like you have to remember 11 digit numbers etc. Everything is stored, recorded on our devices or whatever, all you do is tap an icon.

I agree with what Rod & MFMan have said, very, very handy. Viber is another app I use.

Noel":2lkk7ibz said:
RogerS":2lkk7ibz said:
Noel":2lkk7ibz said:
Get a Skype number (as supplied by Skype, not your mobile number) you can make and receive calls. They do various packages :

https://support.skype.com/en/faq/FA256/ ... ype-number

I've had the same mobile number for 20+ years. Getting yet another phone number is complicating things.

What's complicated about it? ......

Nothing. Just the slight matter of letting everyone know the new number, going through countless online accounts updating the phone number.

Is it possible to set up a number redirect on the mobile network? eg anyone dialling into your old number is connected to your skype number?

Certainly used to be possible on landlines.

Myfordman":2sfjxzyj said:
Is it possible to set up a number redirect on the mobile network? eg anyone dialling into your old number is connected to your skype number?

Certainly used to be possible on landlines.

No idea but I wouldn't entertain the idea. Great while it's working but just imagine the fun you'd gave trying to get a problem solved. Talking to two call-centres, both saying it's the other companies fault.

I had a look at the Skype app on my phone - you can phone other Skype users for free and others at much reduced rates but it’s also a has a “Messenger” type service and other functions I’m very unlikely to use. Now owned by Microsoft.

Rod

Back