• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to UK Workshop and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member or just click here to donate.

Nova 3000 wood Lathe (Sold)

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Clockie

Established Member
Reaction score
Nova 3000 lathe with stand. To avoid doubt the spindle size is 30 x 3.5mm. The lathe is sold with standard equipment, no chuck etc.
The head stock guard has been taken off because I found it difficult to change the speed with my not so agile fingers. I put the screw for the guard in a safe place and to date I have been unable to find them. The motor and motor pulley were changed in (I think) 2014 due to bad advice. The head stock bearings were changed in 2016, they did need doing. I have had a word with the post lady and she assures me that her under carriage could not possible cope with the weight and nor could mine.
Collection only, if I can find help then I could meet at Cardiff West Services but the lathe will be broken down into bits.
The rest of the stuff in my garage is not for sale at the present time.
Asking price £100.

Attachments

• head-stock.JPG
    head-stock.JPG
    84.3 KB · Views: 1,034
  • head-motor.JPG
    head-motor.JPG
    75.1 KB · Views: 1,034
  • guard-2.JPG
    guard-2.JPG
    76.4 KB · Views: 1,033
  • guard.JPG
    guard.JPG
    69.6 KB · Views: 1,033
  • head-stock-pullies.JPG
    head-stock-pullies.JPG
    64.7 KB · Views: 1,033
  • lath-bits.JPG
    lath-bits.JPG
    87.6 KB · Views: 1,033
  • lath-general-view.JPG
    lath-general-view.JPG
    70.4 KB · Views: 1,032
The photo copy manual that I have says
Swing over the bed is 16" 400mm . That is the diameter
Distance between centres 24" 600mm.
The head stock can be rotated but I do not have the bowl turning attachment.

Absolutely. I am going to have a measure up and see if I can squeeze it in. If somebody beats me to it, then so be it.

Back