teknatool Nova 3000 lathe bed extension

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

okeydokey

Established Member
Reaction score
I sold my Teknatool Nova 3000 lathe some years ago but the purchaser decided he only needed a short lathe so the lathe bed extension stayed with me in dry storage, its unlikely I will ever use it so it will probably go up for sale soon. It’s barely used and in very good condition - adds useful length to your lathe, I’m told you can use several to increase the original length even further!

teknatool advise that it will also fit the Nova DVR 3000, I think it also fits the NOVA DVR 2024, DVR XP, 1624, 1624 II and Saturn Lathes as well but I'm not sure , the new ones are part number SKU55224 which is listed as fitting those above.
Anyone still got a Nova 3000 - how are you getting on with it? mine was a good solid reliable lathe never needed to even change the belt

I have one that was my fathers that he got in the early 90's. It's on the second belt 😉 and I bought a spare at the same time. It also has the outboard attachment for bigger bowls. It has a 1 1/2 hp singe phase motor and I have a 1 1/2hp and 2hp 3phase motors if I ever decide I want variable speed but I'm not in any hurry to make the change because belt changes are not all that inconvenient. I have been keeping my eye out for bed extensions to no avail. I could buy new but they are a different cross section, shaped like / \ rather than the [ ] shape of the older ones. If I ever need longer I'll have to make it. I'd be after your extension if I lived in England but I think postage will blow the economics of buying it out of the water, unless someone is coming over and is willing to put it in their carry-on bag.

Pete

As you've found out the belts last ages - I seem to remember there was a little plastic window that you could (try) and see through to see what pulley your belt was using.
As you say postage would be HUGE - far more than the cost of the part. Is there a Canadian only site you could post a wanted ad?

This a photo and SKU number from teknatool yesterday - any help?
Might be able to buy new depending on what it would cost after import taxes etc
1629296606899.png

That’s the newer style of bed and they cost in the neighbourhood of $280Can. Unless I can find an oldie like mine to cannibalize I would have to make it or accept the mismatch of the new ones. I’ll see if I can show what mine looks like.
Pete
E120D113-F89B-4A2C-9F2B-49AC64B1E201.jpeg

Mine has no bed extension, as I mainly turn bowls I do very little spindle turning. Thanks for the offer, but I have no use the extender.

Glad your lathes good very reliable.
I think I'll put the bed extension on ebay or list on here as well, best for it to be used than put back on the shelf

Hi Sorry Daniel it was sold a couple of years ago
I think I still have a very good complete tailstock and half the fittings that went with the bowl turning attachment that fitted near the front of the lathe if they are of interest

Back