New Years Resolution

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Baldhead

Established Member
Reaction score
I never make a New Years Resolution, but this year I'm going to stick my neck on the block and make one.

For Christmas next year I will make a present out of wood for every family member who gets me a present, that's 3 grandchildren, 2 sisters-in-law, 1 brother-in-law, 1 sister (she doesn't actually buy for me but she does buy the grandchildren) and last but not least my dear mother-in-law.

I have a god idea what I would like to make for them all, piggy banks, chopping boards, cheese boards and planters, however I can't think of what to make my mother-in-law. She is 97 years old, and has been more like a mother to me than a mother-in-law for the past 30 odd years, so I need help, what the hell do I make her?

Sensible suggestions only guys (and girls).

Oh and nowt too complicated.

Baldhead

Whoops I forgot about the wife, my 2 daughters and their husbands, so,that's another couple of planters I think.

At 97 years old it's got to be something practical, people of that age don't want keepsakes.

If you didn't like her I'd say a coffin but as you do it's a little more difficult.

What does a 97 year old lady need? Is she sound in body and spirit? Still fully mobile? Does she need a nicely turned walking stick? Or one of those convenience trays with a bean bag cushion underneath to sit on her lap?

MMUK":30kvklwg said:
Does she need a nicely turned walking stick?

That would be my suggestion also. I am currently using one of a pair of those alpine power walking thingies (That my wife wanted two Xmas's ago and never used :roll: ) I am nowhere near 97 but I find it quite helpful going uphills :lol: The really nice bit is that it incorporaters a spring in the bottom and it's amazing how that helps.

I'm not sure if you could make something the same (This one is all aluminium and titanium :!: ) but it might be a challenge and I'm sure your MiL would appreciate it.

Latest posts

Back