New Veritas plane UKW exclusive announcement

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Not offended in the slightest Rob, especially if you can see your way to a No 982 plane.

I do feel deeply about the true status of my work and it is nice to have a discussion. I would rather people reserved judgement until they visit my workshop :lol:

To make another bold statement, my philosphy is that the end justifies the means, and the means often come at cost.

Karl Holtey

I feel the question of hand versus machine tends to the hair splitting variety. It is perhaps easier and more fruitful to consider whether an object is produced for a mass market or a smaller more discerning/demanding market.

In any event, if one wants the best performance possible from a tool, it might well have been produced by any one of dozens of methods.

waterhead37":3qtcmyxg said:
It is perhaps easier and more fruitful to consider whether an object is produced for a mass market or a smaller more discerning/demanding market.

Spot on waterhead, I suspect you use an electric sander or even an electric drill but what you may have made you will still consider hand made, am I right or am I right :lol:

So if I choose to buy a cnc to cut up sheet material to make bird boxes I'll still sell them as hand made by me, as it was me who set up the machine using my skills :lol:

I just don't see any point in any arguments I've read in this thread, a Rolls Royce is still a Rolls Royce and I will still want a #98 :lol:

LN wrote:
I just don't see any point in any arguments I've read in this thread, a Rolls Royce is still a Rolls Royce and I will still want a #98
Not arguments in the accepted sense, just a point of view that's worthy of discussion, that's all...and you're not the only one who wants a No98 :lol: - Rob

Lord Nibbo":27to3fk0 said:
[So if I choose to buy a cnc to cut up sheet material to make bird boxes I'll still sell them as hand made by me, as it was me who set up the machine using my skills :lol:
By that argument, it seesm to me that a wood machinist, having skilfully set up the machine, could feed a few hundred door rails through a double-ended tenoner and claim they were hand made. :?
This feeos like a really interesting topic, but we're in danger as Karl said of hijacking the LV thread - so I'm taking the liberty of starting a new thread on this in case anyone wants to continue on a dedicated thread. :)

Hi.
Mr Lee (Rob).
Do you plan to make some "chamfer guides" for the new block planes, like the ones available for the preceding block planes made by veritas ?

Guys

graween":39nyx1v7 said:
Hi.
Mr Lee (Rob).
Do you plan to make some "chamfer guides" for the new block planes, like the ones available for the preceding block planes made by veritas ?

Guys

Hi -

No plans at the moment to do this - but will pass that suggestion along!

Cheers -

Rob

Thanks Rob for the answer.

Thanks also for passing the suggestion. Don't know if it was a top selling thing for the low angle plane, but it is helpfull.

But for the moment I can live without it :p and use my dx60. At least when it will have cross the Atlantic Ocean, which I hope it does before christmas !

Thanks.

Back