New Veritas plane UKW exclusive announcement

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Martin Brown

Established Member
Reaction score
Dear everyone

Please forgive for a commercial post, however I am sure this will be of interest to forum members.

On Monday morning we will be announcing a new plane from Veritas. Please log on for more information then.

If you are a very keen plane collector, I suggest you have your credit card to hand.

Please note I am unable answer PMs as I am away from my laptop this weekend.

Martin

According to Mike Hancock's email letter from CHT wot I was having a perusal of last night, there will be two new planes announced on the 24th iIrc... :-k - Rob

The long departed Alf has just received a package, she recommends keeping up the fluid levels to replace the drool :)...not giving much away though :( - Rob

Monday USA Time means I'm gonna be sat at my puter till lunch time waiting
3045345293_ce43ffeccc_o.gif

I notice Lee Valley website are teasing as well. :lol:

Hmm, what kind of new block plane? Apart from a skew iron block plane I can't think what's missing from the Veritas block plane line-up.

Incidentally, I've got the Lie Nielsen skew block plane, and although (IMO) it's very pretty I don't rate it that highly in practical use, mainly because if you take off the side plate then the toe section flexes, and the little fence is only secured on a single arm and isn't too stable.

custard":1fi07f44 said:
(snip)

...skew block plane, and although (IMO) it's very pretty I don't rate it that highly in practical use, mainly because if you take off the side plate then the toe section flexes, and the little fence is only secured on a single arm and isn't too stable.

Hi -

Our skew blocks are just coming out of design now... so they'll be 6-8 months yet... sorry - took awhile to get rid of the side plate, and integrate the adjustable mouth... bit tricky, that was... :shock:

The Monday thing - well, we're not commenting on that...Dad hadn't even seen anything 'till last week...

Cheers -

Rob

Rob Lee":wum7wen1 said:
custard":wum7wen1 said:
(snip)

...skew block plane, and although (IMO) it's very pretty I don't rate it that highly in practical use, mainly because if you take off the side plate then the toe section flexes, and the little fence is only secured on a single arm and isn't too stable.

Hi -

Our skew blocks are just coming out of design now... so they'll be 6-8 months yet... sorry - took awhile to get rid of the side plate, and integrate the adjustable mouth... bit tricky, that was... :shock:

The Monday thing - well, we're not commenting on that...Dad hadn't even seen anything 'till last week...

Cheers -

Rob

Curioser and curioser!

Rob Lee":fg1cj4w0 said:
Hi -

Cheers -

Rob

Rob have you ever heard the term "Sh.t stirer" or even "pr.ck teaser" ? :wink: :lol:

Rob Lee":1nch1qa8 said:
Lord Nibbo":1nch1qa8 said:
Rob have you ever heard the term "Sh.t stirer" :wink: :lol:

Nope... :lol:

Would I be one had I talked about the pre-prod small scraping plane that I held this morning??? :lol:

Ta -

Rob

Genius :lol:
Philly :D

Aled Dafis":6lgzlp5t said:
Mmmm.

What would I give to work at LeeValley?

Rob - How about opening a new R&D office down here in West Wales???
:D :D :D
Cheers

Aled

Hi Aled -

Actually thought about it....but we couldn't find a location we could spell....

Rob
(master of the "duck and run")

Back