New Veritas plane UKW exclusive announcement

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I'm just amazed that they've managed to make a plane that works so well AND makes a fine cappuccino... :whistle:
Philly :D
Running for that door......

Philly":sl88460q said:
I'm just amazed that they've managed to make a plane that works so well AND makes a fine cappuccino... :whistle:
Philly :D
Running for that door......

Bog off you...... :wink:

It's Monday in two hours in Australia, where's Derek then? come on Derek... :lol:

Okay, it's Monday here in New Zealand (3.20am NZ Daylight Saving time as I write). So where's the pictures?

Surely we don't have to wait for the rest of the world to catch up? :evil:

Blimey, by the time Rob's had his brekky and wandered down to the office to load up the website, it'll be Tuesday here :lol: :p :lol:

Cheers, Vann

staggers back to bed...........yawn

Oh, and that pipeline you're loading with the new stock Rob... Well it's apparently got a leak above Philly place 'cause one's dripped onto his workbench (lucky sod).

Rob Lee":4uz6us81 said:
How about the next one, we'll release in Australia/NZ first hmm???

An Australasian release sounds great Rob. And if Derek is too busy to review a pre-production model (you know, still staring in awe at the last one) I could have my arm twisted.... :wink:

Cheers, Vann :) :)

On Woodnet Rob has said between 7 and 8 EST, which is lunchtime-ish GMT....and I'm out on site this afternoon with no internet - :(

Oh well, its only a plane :shock:

Cheers, Ed

http://www.axminster.co.uk/viewindex.as ... lanelaunch

veritasplanelaunch_210924a.jpg
veritasplanelaunch_210922c.jpg

The V logo is cool, I want it. ?Luckily? I still lack a low angle block plane.

Bentham Andy":2hpk37bs said:
I don't want to appear as a party pooper but TWO HUNDRED AND TWENTY QUID for a block plane from Veritas!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

The whole point is that this plane is at a higher price point and build quality than previous Veritas tools - possible overkill quality, but some people like overkill, and will pay for it.

Think Toyota/Lexus if it helps.

BugBear

bugbear":vcsv5e68 said:
Bentham Andy":vcsv5e68 said:
I don't want to appear as a party pooper but TWO HUNDRED AND TWENTY QUID for a block plane from Veritas!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

The whole point is that this plane is at a higher price point and build quality than previous Veritas tools - possible overkill quality, but some people like overkill, and will pay for it.

Think Toyota/Lexus if it helps.

BugBear

Exactly, if you don't want to spend the extra mony for the extra work that went into materials, quality of finish (that is not required per functionality) and design you can buy one of the other modal. Otherwise the NX60 goes nicely with the Veritas Stainless Steel 30 years Anniversary Edge Trimming plane and your tools from Bridge City, Holtey, S&S, ....

So far Classic Handtools have only added the cheap DX60 to their site :eek:

Thanks bugbear I think you may have hit the nail on the head there: 'The whole point is that this plane is at a higher price point...' However I am now looking forwards to Harrogate with added interest, providing the Land Cruiser doesn't break down on the way.

Andy

Latest posts

Back