New TV

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
devonwoody [/urlwww.wonderhowto.com/how-to/video/how-to-paint-distant-trees-in-watercolor-90511/view/ said:

You're nearly there, don't give up yet :lol:

Referring to what you typed above, the amendments to make are to take out the [/url at the beggining and replace with and leave the at the end which is correct

So if you were doing it from scratch again you would have here where the dots are the usual address you are linking to.

Cheers, Paul :D

paulm":3lmvf152 said:
devonwoody [/urlwww.wonderhowto.com/how-to/video/how-to-paint-distant-trees-in-watercolor-90511/view/ said:

You're nearly there, don't give up yet :lol:

Referring to what you typed above, the amendments to make are to take out the [/url at the beggining and replace with and leave the at the end which is correct

So if you were doing it from scratch again you would have here where the dots are the usual address you are linking to.

here

devonwoody":3ugateng said:
Did a quote and got the formula displayed for each colour :)

So I suppose the flash one is for each letter
No sure what you mean about 'flash one' but the easiest way to change a word colour is to do your whole url= thing then highlight your 'feature' word with the mouse/keyboard and then change the colour with the drop down menu.

TrimTheKing":tb0karan said:
devonwoody":tb0karan said:

No sure what you mean about 'flash one' but the easiest way to change a word colour is to do your whole url= thing then highlight your 'feature' word with the mouse/keyboard and then change the colour with the drop down menu.

That flash bloke RogerS did the word flash, each letter a different colour on a post above.

Sorry about the hijack Paulm

devonwoody":k5pwh044 said:
TrimTheKing":k5pwh044 said:
devonwoody":k5pwh044 said:

That flash bloke RogerS did the word flash, each letter a different colour on a post above.

Sorry about the hijack Paulm
Ahh, with you. That's easy too, once you have you key word in place just highlight each letter in turn and choose the colour and it will do it for you.

Right, enough nonsense, sorry Paul :D

Yep, had notification of impending delivery for tomorrow, snow permitting presumably !

Wonder how much business M&S lose with their two week delivery nonsense, their best estimate was 28th Jan, err no thank you :lol:

Sawdust Prod', hadn't heard about being able to get I Player on telly, sounds interesting if I can convince swmbo to let me run more cables around the place, which I think is a bit unlikely !

Well, new tv finally arrived Friday after being delayed by the weather and road conditions, and it's a monster :shock: !!!

We did try the measurements in place where it would go before ordering and seemed fine but now it's physically there it seems a lot bigger somehow!

Anyhow, unpacked and installed it this morning, ran a new freesat cable from the sky dish, all connected up nice and easy, it ran through the auto set up successfully and then came up with the BBC news channel.

Wow, what a picture, amazing !

Problem is it only lasted for five seconds, popped and switched off :evil:

It's got power as the led's work but won't start up. Powering off and back on again the green led flashes for a couple of seconds and then turns and stays red.

Managed to find an authorised repair centre that was open this morning and explained the problem over the phone, he said that because I got to the stage of having a picture, albeit for a short time, the installation had been successful, and that it sounded like an internal fault being detected by the tv which was then powering down to avoid further damage.

So, just been on to Amazon who needed only a little bit of pressure to agree to ship a replacement immediately (they normally need the return item back first) and that should be here Wednesday, with the current one being picked up Monday once I have boxed it all back up again :roll:

Hope I haven't done or missed anything stupid on the install, but it was only a matter of plugging a couple of scarts, and other leads in the same way they were on the old set and add the extra cable for freesat, and the autotune process went fine so can't see anything much to go wrong.

Dissapointing but I guess Amazon have done everything they could and that's good at least, would have been a different matter if they had made me wait to receive the old one back first before re-shipping.

Oh well, back to the tiddly wee Samsung for another few days :roll: :lol:

\:D/ Faulty telly picked up yesterday, new one arrived today, half hour this evening to unbox and connect up, run autotune and now settling down to watch the big match on BBC HD on freesat, quite an impressive picture, hope the match is half as good :lol: :eek:ccasion5:

Back