New members introduction & Workshop

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Bucks

Established Member
Reaction score
Hello Guys,

I've just come across this UKWorkshop forum today & registered, from what I've seen it seems a great forum, full of great tips & advice.
I would describe myself as a very keen hobbyist, below is a picture of my workshop, it is a bit narrow (7ft x 30ft) but with a bit of moving machines around I can manage pretty well.

Workshop.jpg

Paul

Hi Bucks, welcome to UKWorkshop.

You managed to post a pic of your workshop too (Spamulator must be up the creek) It looks a well organised shop.

Edit..... Ah i see your on your forth post, so no problem with the spam trap.

Thanks Lord Nibbo,

Why would me posting a photo be spam? I'm not being funny, just interested to know.

Cheers Paul

Welcome Bucks.
That looks a very well laid out shop, tidy & organised which is how i like mine.
I noticed a lathe do you do the spinny stuff as well as the flat? :D

Cheers.

Doug.

Doug B":lzp6nhf8 said:
Welcome Bucks.
That looks a very well laid out shop, tidy & organised which is how i like mine.
I noticed a lathe do you do the spinny stuff as well as the flat? :D

Cheers.

Doug.

I have done a little bit of woodturning.

Cheers

Paul

Welcome to the forum, Bucks. :)

Looks like you've made good use of a narrow space - and you can walk down it without having to duck and dive past your machines! :D :wink:

Bucks":3481qwnb said:
Is anyone viewing this thread able to help me with my thread on finish for Oak kitchen?

Edit: link is here https://www.ukworkshop.co.uk/forums/view ... hp?t=30355

Paul,
I`ve used Danish oil, quite a few coats & then wax polished, though you would need to polish them occasionally.
I don`t like varnish as it can crack & chip. You could try a water based lacquer, easy to apply with out the over powering odour.
Hopefully some one with more finishing experience will answer your original thread.
Cheers.

Doug.

Welcome to the forum! Its great to see you've jumped straight in with workshop pics! I think I spea for everyone on here when I say it's great to see others shops!

It'll be nice to see some work from it too. :wink:

Hi Welcome to the forum - it's a great place for advice and appreciation!

Welcome to the forum Paul.

The shape of that workshop must present some challenges :) unless of course you only make fishing rods, boat masts, snooker cues etc...(but I'm guessing you don't)

When you get round to it I'd be interested to see what kind of stuff you make.

Cheers, Ed

yo_chuci":3kjehbau said:
welcome.... are you a northerner or american...
Northerner of course, it is called UK Workshop isn't it. :wink: Guisborough so not far away from you.

joiner_sim":2xp57xf4 said:
It'll be nice to see some work from it too. :wink:
EdSutton":2xp57xf4 said:
The shape of that workshop must present some challenges :) unless of course you only make fishing rods, boat masts, snooker cues etc...(but I'm guessing you don't)

When you get round to it I'd be interested to see what kind of stuff you make.

Cheers, Ed

I will try & take a couple of photos sometime later this week, but I haven't realy made much yet, apart from turned a few bowls, made a couple of toys for the kids, then the main thing is the Oak Kitchen I started 3 years ago & haven't touched it for the last couple of years as I have been to busy with my other hobby taking over again, I've just started on the kitchen again the last couple of weeks.

Paul

Back