Hello. I am a new member.

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

simonridout

Established Member
UKW Supporter
Reaction score
Hello, I am Simon, joined today, although I have been reading your forums for a few weeks. Now retired, I have been doing bits of woodwork since my early teens, some initial instruction from my father and a year of woodwork at school, then mainly learning by experience. My biggest current problem is that my workshop is the middle of an agricultural barn with Yorkshire boarding sides, so cold in winter and damp, in particular internal rain from condensation on the metal roof when there is a frost! Hopefully, I am going to build a 'small' (4 X 8 metre) internal room as a work area. I am thinking of building metal framed stud walls, clad with OSB, filled with insulation, so that it will be easy to heat up, when required.

I have just bought a ML8 Lathe, which has an electrical problem, my reason for signing up, I will be posting for advice

Simon, West Cumbria.

Hello 👋 and welcome, still very new her myself, but, the folks here seem 👍

Hi , hello and welcome, there are many threads on workshop builds you can search for and get familiar with, others will be able to advise you better with the best practices for your needs .👍👍

Back