Greetings from the colonies...

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bentontool

Established Member
UKW Supporter
Reaction score
Hello to all my Brothers in the UK,
I must say, prior to my introduction, that the UK has (arguably) made the finest woodworking tools the world has ever seen! To that end, I have had a friend in the UK scour the tag sales and flea markets on your side of the pond for decades. I have an extensive collection of tools from the UK!
I retired three years ago, and am just getting back into my wood shop. My wife and I moved to a rural farmstead, and I had to refurbish many of the buildings, including a barn that I now use as my shop.
This was my shop prior to restoration:
shop front prior to fix zoom.jpg

And, during restoration:
shop front during renovation.JPG

Now, after the restoration, and the addition of a few more structures to fuel my wood and metal working addiction:
Shop Exterior Labled Send.JPG

So, with all the construction that I had to do, along with working multiple jobs, I have not been able to actually work in my shop for decades! I just recently de-cluttered, and ran my table saw for the first time in 22 years!

Prior to that, I believe I that was a reasonably accomplished woodworker. I hope to post a few projects in the future. I will attach a few pics of my past projects. Most of the shop cabinets were made of recycled lumber obtained from dumpsters.
01 TOOL CABINET PHASE TWO BASE scan0101.jpg

01 TOOL CABINETS SCRAP WOOD MTNTOP SHOP 13 scan0032.jpg

alex shaker furn 01 crop.jpg

alex shaker furn 00 crop.jpg

01 serg soccer dress c post office desk CROP.jpg

Country Farmhouse Table 00.jpg

jewel box scan0077 b04.jpg

Back