MY NEW LATHE......OBLIGATORY PICTURES NOW ADDED

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
sue denim":21ds4ngf said:
Do you think this could have been a casting defect especially as the packaging wasn't damaged?
Don't assume the state of the packaging is anything to go by. In the days of mainframe computers less powerful than your current mobile phone, a 5Mb disc drive was about the size and weight of a washing machine. We took delivery of one crated-up and looking immaculate - however, when we took the packaging off, we found a hole the size and shape of a fork-lift fork right through the middle of the cabinet (and all the workings)...

Well, my new lathe is.........................

Still sitting in the warehouse!!! :evil: :evil: :evil:
"I'm sorry Mrs Outhwaite, I really don't know how this has happened"

I'm absolutely fuming!! I know a lot of you's have had a great experience with axminster.... but I am sooooo not impressed with them.
I now have to do what I really didn't want to, and ask if I can have it delivered to my work. It's been such a nightmare that is just getting worse each day.
I'm really close to cancelling the whole order.
I really thought going straight to them, rather than a stockist, would make it an easy transaction.... how wrong was I.

I AM FUMING :evil: :evil: :evil:

Hey there, I recently had a bit of a knightmare with axminister also. My first order was one of their own wide white wheel ones. It took 3 before I got one that wasn't damaged! 1st pushed over the fence by silly person courier, second the tool rest arms were bent badly due to insufficient packaging and the 3rd was packaged better and survived courier abuse but one of the arms was still slightly bent in transit! (bent them back and thought i'd just leave it!)

Hope you get it all sorted!!!!! It's a smart looking lathe!

I think the MDs name is Ian Styles. I would be contacting him I think to voice my disappointment.
Hope it's sorted out soon

finally i have another lathe in my possession.... With no crack! It's intact... From what i can see in the box... Now i hope it works :?

Blister":28flsmz9 said:
Now i hope it works

I do hope so , as I recommended the lathe to you :oops:

Feel a bit guilty now :oops:

Still HOPEFULLY it will be all good from now on 8)

No no, please don't feel guilty, it's the way it goes with me all the time... whatever I buy mechanically has to go back because it's faulty. Sounds like me being on a bit of a downer, but really... it always happens... always!!

The new baby is in my tiny workshop, it's assembled.... and ..... it's fine!! it's been given the once over by the neighbour ... who now wants to steal it (he has a CL4) So fingers crossed from now on!!
Thank you to everyone who has posted their support, and Mr Blister Sir for helping my to decide to go for the better spec lathe :D =D>

You welcome a new member to the family, and then go away within its forst few days!

just time for a sneeky peak on the forum while the other half is not about!

I know i wish it had have been delivered a week ago intact! Then i could have played all weeken

Melinda-dd
you are not having much luck with your lathes up to now.
This one is it !!
Ican see the masterpieces rolling off this one
Good luck

boysie39":2l5y0u3f said:
Melinda-dd
you are not having much luck with your lathes up to now.
This one is it !!
Ican see the masterpieces rolling off this one
Good luck

I really hope you're right!!!
I don't have much luck with new things at all! (sofa's next and I just know it's gonna arive ripped, scuffed or collapsed!)

I'm excited but a little nervous to play for the first time!

Well after having the new baby for a little over a week, I finally got to spend some time bonding with her!!!

It was great, it was like going from a second hand rover metro ... to a brand new peugeot 206 GTI!
It was smooth, robust, chunky so secure, easy to work (and change the belt position)
I think my bench is too high tho, so I will have to build a little platform (smaller than what I was standing on today tho as my neck really aches!!)

I did however come out if the workshop empty handed, as the top and bottom of this months challenge decided to part company!

Forgive the pictures taken on my phone... never buy a palm pixi plus!
With out further ado, meet my new baby... Angelina!!!

CIMG0146.jpg

CIMG0150.jpg

Back