my "bench dog"

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Doctor":2t9ttc1x said:
quite right, dogs are the best, I do not intend to lecture. I just don't like hairy furniture or dogs upstairs.
Also I like cuddling up to things which have not just been licking their pineapple or balls (this includes female shot putters)

This is my fella by the way, handsome isn't he? He is a lot hairier now as this is a puppy picture, he's now 3.

nikon3024pa6.jpg

nice dog - i dont have the dog upstairs either - we live in a bungalow ;)

big soft moose":3r8z17ep said:
nice dog - i dont have the dog upstairs either - we live in a bungalow ;)

Touche, The reason I which my dog to remain at ground level is, being a setter and a true workshop dog, is that invariably he is covered in mud and wood chips and having feasted on my employees left overs during the day his wind is extremely toxic. :lol:
I do allow him to lay on my slippers so i have nice warm feet in the morning

WoodAddict":2mvb77j0 said:
doggies-1.jpg

here's my 2. The cocker is 6 and the king charles is 4 :D

is that a straight charles or a cavalier ? - i really like cavaliers , we had one when i was younger - I wanted to get one when swimbo and i got a dog but we got a collie instead pretty much by accident ( she'd been mistreated and was spending her entire life stuck in a cage kennel because she was no good with sheep) - we are thinking about getting a cavalier to be her freind as she gets older and slows down.

He's a cavalier. They both get clipped regularly so they look a bit odd sometimes :) They are nice dogs. Strong personalities. They get on really well too. We did hardly any house training as he just follows the cocker around like a shadow.

What a beautiful pair of dogs. Obedience is of course very important with larger dogs, I have three bullmastiffs who live outside and roam the grounds at night and I can take their food off any of them, mind I wouldnt advise any one else to try. we often used to get toerags sniffing around the place , but they give our place a wide berth now 8)

I was top dog in our house until we got broad band.. now i sllep in the dogs bed.
dog%20in%20bed.jpg

Reminds me of a session in our vets waiting room some years ago, there were three doggies with their owners and one doggie said to his neighbour what are you in for, and he said "I peed on the carpet and I am going to be put down". He then said I pooed on the carpet and I am going to be put down as well.
They then said to the third doggie what are you in for and he said "the misses was having a shower and I clawed all down her legs and I am having my toe nails clipped".

devonwoody":2dr4hl79 said:
Reminds me of a session in our vets waiting room some years ago, there were three doggies with their owners and one doggie said to his neighbour what are you in for, and he said "I peed on the carpet and I am going to be put down". He then said I pooed on the carpet and I am going to be put down as well.
They then said to the third doggie what are you in for and he said "the misses was having a shower and I clawed all down her legs and I am having my toe nails clipped".

I buggered it up,

the punch line should have been
the two doggies said to the third doggie

"and you are going to be put down", and the third doggie said "no, I am going to have my nails cut"

This alpha male thing is strange - we don't have a dog, just a small, totally neurotic cat. But daughter has an extremely obedient blue merle collie cross labrador, and whenever he comes to stay, the "sibling rivalry" between dog and cat is really funny. Dog tries to up his status in the pack by not bringing thrown toys quite back to within reach, so the thrower has to move to get them. Unless cat is nearby, and the thrower speaks to the cat, when dog immediately brings toy to feet.
In fact, if he is in his not-returning- toy mood, just saying "where's the cat?" produces the desired effect.

dogs.JPG

There's mine enjoying the snow. Two rescue lurchers (Rosie, right, Maggie, left).

They hate me woodworking!

Now this is a dog who thinks you should always have snow, it makes the biscuits taste better. :shock:
4469761445_a8a11f2337.jpg

Some of you have met Iona, she is always near the front, I have found her nose on the end of the hand saw more than once while cutting sheet stock on saw horses. :?

DaveL":pw59t0s1 said:
Now this is a dog who thinks you should always have snow, it makes the biscuits taste better. :shock:
4469761445_a8a11f2337.jpg

Some of you have met Iona, she is always near the front, I have found her nose on the end of the hand saw more than once while cutting sheet stock on saw horses. :?

excelent a minature wolf ;)

(what is she - elkhound ? or just a very small malamute ? )

Iona is a Samoyed, she will be six this year, here she is not long after we got her.
Dscn3026s.jpg

She has grown but still loves to met people, she love it when we had the bashes, all of the guys were her friends. :D

DaveL":3uufmvq7 said:
Iona is a Samoyed, she will be six this year, here she is not long after we got her.
Dscn3026s.jpg

She has grown but still loves to met people, she love it when we had the bashes, all of the guys were her friends. :D

great, i want one (ive always wanted a wolfie type dog, but malamutes are too damn big), now to persude swimbo that kim needs a freind ;)

Here's Snoopy in an artistic pose. He's a rescue dog - 75% greyhound and 25% stupid. He loves people - particularly kids (they drop food), is nervously antisocial with other dogs and a complete psycopath when it comes to anything small and furry like squirrels and rats. He has lightning reactions and doesn't go in for any of that stroking and cuddling. He knows his place, so beds and sofas are completely verboten. He obeys commands - once his little brain remembers what he's supposed to do.

He also thinks I'm absolutely the mut's nuts..........

4474859524_e22947f9fb_o.jpg

tinfoil

Back