Multico planer

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Potheen

Reaction score
I wonder if a forumite could help.

I have acquired a Multico 9" planer from the bay, while old it looks serviceable and a nice compact size. I am collecting this weekend and hoping to get in my SWB Land Rover. My questions are, what kind of weight are we looking at, is it a manageable lift for 2 or need I rope in a few burly mates, alternatively can I remove the beds to reduce the weight and size? and are they easy to remove.

I have looked online for any guidance on how the machines breaks down but been unsuccessful, is anyone aware of any info online that they could share.

Thanks all in advance.

Potheen

I have one, collected from our very own Jonny D, pretty heavy took 3 of us and a ramp. Just had a quick look I can't see how the beds come off to be honest.

Sorry but I hope this helps

two people should be ok. i moved mine on my own. just make sure you adjust the beds before lifting,i-e put them at there highest setting? then the beds will be against the stops.
i did use a high lift pallet truck when moving mine, would advise you remove the cast fence before lifting it is quite fragile,

I too have one, I moved workshops about 10 years ago took two of us to walk it up a ramp into a van, so I would reccomend 3 or more people to get it up on your Land Rover, and as Mark said I dont see it being dismantled easily. Good Luck.

on the subject of 9" Multico Planers, my 9" slotted blades are coming to the end of their lives, I've had to file the adjustment screws on the drum to get the most out of them, does anyone know where I can get some new one

Cheers
Doogy

mark270981":2b066nuc said:
I have one, collected from our very own Jonny D, pretty heavy took 3 of us and a ramp. Just had a quick look I can't see how the beds come off to be honest.

Sorry but I hope this helps

Just make sure you tie it back so it cant fall over eh mark :D

As Mark said they are quite heavy but easy to move on the floor but a bit of a dead weight to lift up so you will need some planks and i should think 2 people should be able to manage it. I have just moved one up a flight of stairs in the workshop which took 3 people.

cheers

Jon

DOOGYREV":14ownj1j said:
I too have one, I moved workshops about 10 years ago took two of us to walk it up a ramp into a van, so I would reccomend 3 or more people to get it up on your Land Rover, and as Mark said I dont see it being dismantled easily. Good Luck.

on the subject of 9" Multico Planers, my 9" slotted blades are coming to the end of their lives, I've had to file the adjustment screws on the drum to get the most out of them, does anyone know where I can get some new one

Cheers
Doogy

I believe Doug from cutting solutions whose on this forum got some for jfc (am i allowed to mention his name?) :D

http://www.cutting-solutions.co.uk/

cheers

Jon

Yup, I got one, took 2 of us to get it into the back of my people carrier with a ply ramp. As said previously - set beds to highest setting and remove the fence. I'm sure you'll be happy with your purchase, they are a great piece of kit.

Back