Multico planer

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

m.hearne

Reaction score
I have a Multico model L 9 inch planer , of which the motor died recently , but unfortunately the motor has no information label on it which would enable me to obtain a suitable replacement.
I have a manual for the planer which has info. on a petrol engine for the planer but no mention of electric motor spec.
The petrol engine suggested is rated at 1. 1/4 HP at 2400 rpm. , so I guess a 240v single phase 1.1/2 HP 2 pole electric motor which would run around 3000 rpm would be right.
I would like have this confirmed before I pay out for a new motor.
Has anyone got a similar Multico planer that they could have a look at the motor spec. label and let me know.

Malcolm Hearne

I have a Multico model L 9 inch planer , of which the motor died recently , but unfortunately the motor has no information label on it which would enable me to obtain a suitable replacement.
I have a manual for the planer which has info. on a petrol engine for the planer but no mention of electric motor spec.
The petrol engine suggested is rated at 1. 1/4 HP at 2400 rpm. , so I guess a 240v single phase 1.1/2 HP 2 pole electric motor which would run around 3000 rpm would be right.
I would like have this confirmed before I pay out for a new motor.
Has anyone got a similar Multico planer that they could have a look at the motor spec. label and let me know.

Malcolm Hearne
Can you still get motors rewound as this might make life easier.

Colin

My 6" multico planer has a 3/4 hp motor that's original, 4.4 amps, 2850 rpm works a treat

While you are replacing it, go bigger, or as big as you can within the motor frame size. Once youve got it out of the planer, you should be able to match up shaft size and any bolt pattern to the relevant replacement motor

Back