More $$ for your £....

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Charley

Established Member
Reaction score
Have you seen the exchange rate today? "one pound buys two dollars".

Perfect timing for me as my mum's going out to see my sister next week.. There must be something I need.. :-k

I've been considering a sub to Shopnotes for a couple of months so might take the plunge now...

Charley":3j2zx7v2 said:
Have you seen the exchange rate today?

Shocking isn't it. Our office salaries/costs are paid for by head office in the US. Suddenly, we are looking an awful lot more expensive than we used to be. Makes you kind of nervous, and makes it a lot more difficult to justify a pay rise when they say..... well.... you are already costing 20% more than a couple of years ago.

Adam

If oil is priced in dollars and the pound is so strong why are petrol prices going up every week? :?

its funny the cheaper the dollar becomes, the dearer the cost of delivery & import becomes :evil:

Dad has the right idea, the best value is subscription type services such as shop notes taunton, etc. I use american hosting services to take advantage of the $.

hmm even saying that I feel myself drawn to 'just have a look' at Rockler :roll:

Rod":1e17zlmm said:
If oil is priced in dollars and the pound is so strong why are petrol prices going up every week? :?

Because the oil companies are twisters.

I wonder if this will get shanghaied.

Yep. Hope it stays this high until I sell my house and move back to the States. :D :D

Then, of course I hope it drops rapidly before next year when my son hopes to return to Glasgow for University. [-o< [-o<

Brad

ByronBlack":2rf1ecsj said:
You taking orders charley? I'm sure we can get a UKWorkshop buying club going :)

Not sure if this has been mentioned before but how feasible would this be?

I'm sure we all buy certain products regularly - be it finishes, fixings or even timber - if a lot of us got together and went to big suppliers we could maybe get a decent discount.

Does anyone think there's anything in this or would it be a bit too difficult to administer?!

Further the USA mags point.

What do people recommend subscription wise that can be bought in dollars with UK credit card and supplier will ship overseas (here!)

Am i right in thinking that shop notes is digital view only?

Back