Mobile speed Camera Vans

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
MMUK":21scor1b said:
Finial":21scor1b said:
Sorry, I missed where Jacob attacked anyone personally rather than just their argument. What page was that on?

Jacob":21scor1b said:
YOU are just thick!

So you don't class this as a personal insult? :roll:
To try to be fair, you have to view that remark in the context of your immediately preceding post.

Anyway, I've completely changed my mind about all this now. The arguments of the pro-speed faction have convinced me. I'm off out to go speeding for the afternoon.

Finial":16aoomyn said:
Sorry, I missed where Jacob attacked anyone personally rather than just their argument. What page was that on?

seriously?????? which thread are you reading? He has insulted me twice in this one and the same in the Phiilipines thread......It does not bother me, but please don't pretend he does not do it.......

I have put forward at least two logical, reasoned "what if" scenarios earlier in this thread and no one responded........

And the boy racers that someone complained about at the top of the page are patently not safe, competent drivers, if they are speeding up and down urban streets. I agree wholeheartedly with you there. At the risk of repeating myself for the 5th time, that is not safe speeding which is what I was talking about. Safe speeding is letting rip a bit when the roads are clear, conditions good and no hazards around. I never advocated anything but this.

Heck is this thread still going strong... Dr Phil got it right further up the page, no one is likely to change their point of view due to a discussion such as this. Overall it seems the pro speeders are in the minority so at least although we have to live with the fact that some will speed, it seems most will not. Boy Racers I guess is a title, not a description - some boys learn to drive and then race around, and some boys never grow ups and carry on racing around in their 30s and 40s and so on justifying it by thinking they are okay as they are good enough to do it. Jinx

markturner":1irpqigr said:
I have put forward at least two logical, reasoned "what if" scenarios earlier in this thread and no one responded.........

If I had to hazard a guess I 'd say it's because most people have had the good sense to avoid the mud-wrestling with a pig scenario, the 'arguments' you've put forward don't have a logical consistency that might allow rational debate, hence the apparently endless to and fro that's sprawled on for so long.

When confronted with evidence you respond with unsubstantiated assertions, that does not make an argument, it makes a squabble. You feel at liberty to break the law because you consider it should not apply to you; what surprises me is not that particular point of view, it's all too common, it's that you feel the need to convince others that your behaviour is acceptable, and that you think a public forum is a good place to discuss your illegal activities.

An excerpt from "The characteristics of speeders", Transport Research Laboratory Report 440 [1], the first paragraph seems particularly apt.
"Drivers justify their personal speeding choices by assuming that they are ‘ordinary, safe speeding drivers’ while others are ‘dangerous speeding drivers’. Drivers may also justify speeding by assuming that limits are unrealistic.
A number of studies have examined the relationship between speed and accidents. A figure of between a 2% and 7% reduction in accidents per 1 mile/h reduction in mean traffic speed holds for the range of speeds typically found on urban roads. The relationship between the percentage of drivers exceeding the speed limit and the number of accidents on a particular road, and the relationship between the accident liability of individual drivers and their individual speeding behaviour, suggest that both speed in excess of the speed limit, and speed greater than the average for the situation, are critical factors"

I'm surprised at your earlier claim of being waved on your way by a policeman after being clocked doing 85mph in a 50mph zone; the threshold for a summons in a 50mph zone is 76mph [2]; surprised, but not interested enough to stick around for an explanation - I'm off now to find a sharpening discussion, after a bit of work I've just got my plane iron to a nice blue-green colour on the bench grinder and I'd like some advice on what to do next.

[1] http://www.trl.co.uk/online_store/repor ... eeders.htm
[2] http://www.acpo.police.uk/documents/uni ... -roads.pdf

KevM":1elchu2h said:
I'm off now to find a sharpening discussion, after a bit of work I've just got my plane iron to a nice blue-green colour on the bench grinder and I'd like some advice on what to do next.

Sounds like you've over-heated the iron, possibly caused by asserting too much pressure against the grinding wheel or the wheel is clogged.

MMUK":5dc9kbs9 said:
...I gather that said person has been banned from pretty much every other forum. It's not hard to see why.
I've only been banned from two forums. It may be a coincidence but they both seem to be dead in the water. But perhaps it's not hard to see why.
I can't be bothered to do the multiple identity thing as I don't seem to be missing anything interesting.
I expect to be invited back at some point. That's OK I'm anybody's! :lol:

Back