Minimax ST3 Smart

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

smartecosse

Established Member
Reaction score
I've been offered a Minimax ST3 Smart which I am struggling to find out any details about.

I've even called a dealer and they were not that helpful either as its not a current product and wasn't something that they were familiar with. The ST3 is the saw and an inbuilt spindle moulder and the closest in their current line up is the full combi CU300.

I was wondering if anyone on here has or has had an ST3 and could let me know what they thought of it?

Some googling seems to suggest that the Minimax machines are of a decent quality but I am struggling to find details on this particular model.

Thanks

There is a parts manual here:

https://www.partspronto.com/Shop/DownloadManuals.aspx

Minimax is part of the SCM range of machines. The minimax range is aimed at the trade end rather than heavy duty industrial. I expect all the older machines will be Italian manufacture. I dont know if any new stuff is Chinese origin.

It is certainly going to be a quality machine

SCM are one of the largest workdwide manufacturers of woodworkings machine.

Might not help but I've had a Minimax LAB 300 combi for many years and it is excellent.
Very well built and accurate. Simple design no fancy details like digital readouts etc. I'd be fairly confident that your saw will be similar.
Reliable except a capacitor failed but SCM (Nottingham) diagnosed this over the phone and sent replacement by the next post.
The brakes stopped working but I just haven't got around to finding out how to re set them

Great..........thanks

I've decided to buy it so now just the logistics of getting it home, little too big to pick up and chuck in the back of the car!

Then just need to find an electrician to install a 16amp plug.

Back