fitting dust extraction to a Minimax C22 multifunction machine

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

richnfamous

Established Member
Reaction score
hi - wasn't sure which forum to post in, as it's about DIY dust extraction on a Minimax C22 combination machine (with table saw, planer-thicknesser, jointer, spindle moulder and mortiser)

it's a really solid bit of kit in good shape which I've been offered at a very good price, but it appears to have no dust extraction ports/funnels etc...

I was wondering if anyone here has retrofitted dust extraction to this machine, or if anyone can advise whether it's practical. I can see how the planer-thicknesser could be sorted but not the jointer or table saw functions

it looks similar to the attached pic

thanks in advance

Attachments

• c22 machine.JPG
    c22 machine.JPG
    134 KB · Views: 0
I had one like that the saw is just a dust chute if i remember correctly just make a cover out of ply and put a connecter for extraction as for the thicknesser make an open top box to slide in under the cutter block with an outlet for a pipe maybe use the same box on top of the cutters when thicknessing . These machines are around 40 years old dust extraction really wasnt thought about for diy machines then just have a go take a look at axminster tools for fittings and bits and pieces if i can help drop me a message , ian

I had one like that the saw is just a dust chute if i remember correctly just make a cover out of ply and put a connecter for extraction as for the thicknesser make an open top box to slide in under the cutter block with an outlet for a pipe maybe use the same box on top of the cutters when thicknessing . These machines are around 40 years old dust extraction really wasnt thought about for diy machines then just have a go take a look at axminster tools for fittings and bits and pieces if i can help drop me a message , ian

thanks... we (me and the chap I share a workshop with) collected it yesterday and had a closer look, but we haven't run it yet as it needs a bit of refurbishment - mainly removing surface rust. is it right to assume that a lot of the chips from the jointer/thicknesser drop into the space underneath the bed?

hi there yes the chips drop down tho some inevitably get thrown up on the top bed as well i will take a look to see if ive got any info on the machine just check if you have the planer knife setting tool its an odd triangular shaped piece of aluminium painted yellow with flat reference points , and go gently taking the rust of the rail on the sliding table it used to be chrome . ian

Latest posts

Back