Microfiber Cloths Advice Needed

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Mikegtr

Established Member
UKW Supporter
Reaction score
I am wanting to buy microfiber cloths. I have done a search and find that not all microfiber cloths are the same. The job I currently want to do is to wipe a painted surface--remove dust-- and re-spray a gloss finish. Can you recommend a good quality make of microfiber cloth? Lots of microfiber cloths to choose from.

Picked these up from Toolstation £6.65. Did the job.

Attachments

• 20230722_083527.jpg
    20230722_083527.jpg
    1.3 MB · Views: 0
+1 for tack clothes.
Microfiber and any other lint free clothe still kicks up particulates into the air.
So as your nice new finish dries, they settle straight back down onto it.

You want tack cloths really but I normaly do a preliminary wipe with a microfibre (any old cheapo one) then use a tack cloth. I buy 50 at a time from Morrells, works out way cheaper.

However, if you do want superior microfibre cloths then look for Korean made ones, car detail shops sell them.

Ollie

Definitely a +1 for the Tac Cloths as mentioned above.

But if it's microfibre you are wanting then I've been using these from Costco. They are a bit cheaper in the warehouse if you have a membership. I use them for all sorts (house / car cleaning, buffing wax on wood), but what i have done recently is cut a 6" circle out of one and attach it to my ROS - boy does that buff up the wax.

Latest posts

Back