• We invite you to join UKWorkshop.
    Members can turn off viewing Ads!

Mark.....My WORD!

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

jimi43

Established Member
Reaction score
I was expecting the SS this week so when THREE packages turned up today all decidedly "woodie" looking...I was stunned.

I was even more stunned when I opened one from the old Colony and found this little beauty inside....

For many moons I have raved about this valued vestige of the only remaining Australian rain forest...in Western Australia to be precise.

Our dear member...Derek Cohen often makes beautiful tools and dramatic furniture from this exotic...and I think we have a running laugh about our mutual admiration for this arboreal delight!

Some time back I had a cryptic message about shipping some towards old Blighty....but imagine my surprise when I realised what he meant.

This is a truly gorgeous tool, beautifully made by a craftsman for whom I have long since held in awe.

Derek...thank you so much for your kind present...I will use it with a smile and cherish it forever. :ho2

Jim

Waka

Established Member
UKW Supporter
Reaction score
Jim

Looks like all your Christmases have come at once. Lovely looking tool.

Now stop gloating :D :D

Derek Cohen (Perth Oz)

Established Member
Reaction score
Jim

It was an absolute pleasure to make for you.

Actually, I knew you expected some Jarrah, but it was fun imagining how you'd react when you saw the size of the "slab". :)

Merry Christmas!

Regards from Perth

Derek

condeesteso

Established Member
Reaction score
Jim - very nice piece of jarrah. Small, but well formed.
And attached to the best marking knife- for once no debate.
The v form bevelled one side only is the best ever. This is like a posh version of the Japanese one I use all the time.
Don,t go chewing the end - it's not a pencil.

(edit) Derek, very fine work indeed. It will be cherished for sure.