Mark.....My WORD!

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jimi43

Established Member
Reaction score
I was expecting the SS this week so when THREE packages turned up today all decidedly "woodie" looking...I was stunned.

I was even more stunned when I opened one from the old Colony and found this little beauty inside....

DSC_0075.JPG

For many moons I have raved about this valued vestige of the only remaining Australian rain forest...in Western Australia to be precise.

DSC_0074.JPG

Our dear member...Derek Cohen often makes beautiful tools and dramatic furniture from this exotic...and I think we have a running laugh about our mutual admiration for this arboreal delight!

Some time back I had a cryptic message about shipping some towards old Blighty....but imagine my surprise when I realised what he meant.

DSC_0073.JPG

This is a truly gorgeous tool, beautifully made by a craftsman for whom I have long since held in awe.

Derek...thank you so much for your kind present...I will use it with a smile and cherish it forever. :ho2

Jim

Jim

It was an absolute pleasure to make for you.

Actually, I knew you expected some Jarrah, but it was fun imagining how you'd react when you saw the size of the "slab". :)

Merry Christmas!

Regards from Perth

Derek

Jim - very nice piece of jarrah. Small, but well formed.
And attached to the best marking knife- for once no debate.
The v form bevelled one side only is the best ever. This is like a posh version of the Japanese one I use all the time.
Don,t go chewing the end - it's not a pencil.

(edit) Derek, very fine work indeed. It will be cherished for sure.

Back