Makita LS1013 mitre saw - need blade

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Yeah I'd also say a Negative hook angle blade is a must for a Mitre, Snip or Cross cut machine. Finish will be perfect and they never snatch.

Take a look at the 254mm 60 tooth CMT Blade Ref, 294.060.10M

Or the Trend 254mm 60 tooth Ref, CSB/CC25460T

Both are great little blades that have a 30mm standard bore. Reducing rings to most sizes are only a few pounds to buy. The reducing ring only centralises the blade while you clamp it in place with the flanges so don't worry about them.

Thanks All,

Jeremy ive purchsed the CMT one you recommended so will try that, ive just noticed that I think its from your ebay shop. dont suppose it comes with the resize ring does it?

OwenRS":2z2p4unz said:
It does now. Everyone likes a freebie. Just remind us again what size is it to fit your machine? Think above its states a few sizes.

Thanks mate, appreciate that.

I believe its a 16mm bore but will go and measure now and come back to you in a sec.....

Right just whipped it off and its 16mm bore so id need a 30mm to 16mm reducer if you have one please.

thanks again

Colin

technium":1ldhvsmb said:
Right just whipped it off and its 16mm bore...

As I said earlier. Now where did all these other people get 30mm from?

MattRoberts":28dckrzf said:
http://www.toolstop.co.uk/makita-ls1013-10inch-slide-compound-mitre-saw-240v-p6163

Max mitre range: 52° - 47°
Max bevel range: 45° - 45°
Blade diameter: 260mm
Hole diameter: 30mm

strange because my vernier says 16mm LOL

NazNomad":2pjcdfrq said:
technium":2pjcdfrq said:
Right just whipped it off and its 16mm bore...

As I said earlier. Now where did all these other people get 30mm from?
I seem to remember a lot of confusion about bore size with these machines. Got a feeling that either 16 or 30mm will fit :? Something to do with flipping the back flange? Not sure. If you google for blades for the machine they all come up 30mm but a manual for the US version states 16mm. :| And if you scroll through Makita UK's list of their own saw blades for mitre saws they all have 30mm bore. :?

Thanks Paul, I have ordered a blade with 30mm bore if it fits then great, if not then obviously I will need the reducer but vernier definately said 16mm.

Jeremy /Owen? said they will chuck one in for me which im very grateful for so hopefully I can use it as soon as it arrives.

thanks all.

Colin

Gazb642":3iqc2rk8 said:
I've been using my ls1013 for years, it's definitely a 30mm bore

ok well we must have different versions then as mine is definately 16mm bore, unless there a difference between the 110v and 240v versions?

Just put a vernier caliper on my LS1013 and its a 15.90mm ARBOUR the spacer washer supplied with the saw is a 30mm dia to fit the majority of saw blades.

Mike

MikeJhn":gx306lk6 said:
Just put a vernier caliper on my LS1013 and its a 15.90mm ARBOUR the spacer washer supplied with the saw is a 30mm dia to fit the majority of saw blades.

Mike
Thanks Mike, I was beginning to feel I was the only one with the smaller bore! Ive got no spacer washer just two flange things which I believe hold the blade in place. I assume the washer is the reducer that Jeramy from AppleWood is sending me?

thanks

Colin

I think the confusion started with using the word BORE Instead of describing the shaft on the saw as the ARBOUR, the two washers fit on either side of the blade with the reducer in the 30mm hole in the saw blade.

Mike

Correct. I possibly started this with my answer on page 1 of this thread when I said "the blade will need a 30mm bore". I still stand by that by the way. I'd be willing to bet you won't be able to fit a 16mm bore blade to that saw. The way the flanges work requires 30mm. A couple of pictures would clear it up but I'm away from my chop saw at the moment (an LS1018 which is an updated version of the LS1013). If you go to the Makita uk site the blades they sell themselves for these saws all have a 30mm bore.

My version of the LS1301 has a picture on the label on the side of the motor showing a 260mm blade with a 30mm hole in the centre.

Mike

ok blade arrived yesterday (thanks Owen) and I tried it and it looks like I did need the reducer Owen put in for me otherwise the blade would have been rattleing around. I havent powered it up yet but I tightened the flange and the blade seems tight, is there a certain tightness it needs to be ie finger tight, or 3 white knuckles tight :lol:

thanks again guys for all your help!

Colin

Latest posts

Back